cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral code

dekimqik.2022
Explorer

Hi, I bought my meta quest headset about 2 weeks ago and showed it to a few friends who want to get one in time for Christmas and so I plan to use my referral code so we can all get copies of the same game to multiplay....

I don't have my headset linked to Facebook and when I "search for people" to send by messenger no names appear. Is it possible to somehow send the link by email or something? Or how are you supposed to share the codes with friends before they actually get a meta account please?

16 REPLIES 16

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey dekimqik.2022, that's a great question. It's also very considerate of you to think about how you can benefit your friends so you can all enjoy the game together for the holidays! There are a few ways you can send out the referral code to your mates:

Inviting via Messenger:

Requires connected Facebook account

1. Open the Oculus Mobile app on your phone
  2. Tap the Jewel Icon in the top right corner
  3. Tap Send next to one of your friends under Suggested Referrals, OR tap Search Friends to choose a different friend
    Any friends you want to refer via this method must be in your Messenger contacts
  4. Your friend will receive a link to purchase Meta Quest 2 via Messenger. You and your friend will receive $30 in Oculus Store Credit when they activate their new Quest 2.

Inviting via Referral Link:
Does NOT require a connected Facebook account

1. Open the Oculus Mobile app on your phone
  2. Tap the Jewel Icon in the top right corner
  3. Copy your Referral Link and send it to anyone, on the platform of your choice
  4. Your friend will receive a link to purchase Meta Quest 2. You and your friend will each receive $30 in Meta Quest Store Credit when they activate their new Meta Quest 2.

Inviting via the Meta Quest website:

1. Go to https://www.oculus.com/referrals.
  2. Click Send Referrals and sign into your account.
  3. Click Copy to copy your unique referral link, then share it with a friend on the platform of your choice.
    • If you have a linked Facebook account, you can also click Send next to one of your friends under Suggested Referrals or find a different friend from your Facebook contacts by clicking Search Facebook friends and entering their name.
  4. Your friend will receive a link to purchase Meta Quest 2. You and your friend will each receive $30 in Meta Quest Store Credit when they activate their new Meta Quest 2.

Let us know how this works out for you and you can also click here to see the information regarding the referral! We wish you a wonderful holiday season.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

dekimqik.2022
Explorer

Hi, this may just be me being stupid but.....

I don't have my facebook account linked to meta and at least one of my friends does not have her own facebook anyway so i tried for method 2 as explained above.

In my oculus app there is no jewel icon in top right corner on any of the screens (explore/store/search) etc, the only jewel i find is in the menu section on the blue banner that tells me to refer a friend (as in picture 1 below)

Screenshot_20221206_153730_com.oculus.twilight.jpg

clicking this link gets me 

Screenshot_20221206_153833_com.oculus.twilight.jpg

then 

Screenshot_20221206_153848_com.oculus.twilight.jpg

as you can see there are no referrals suggested and no names that i type there find a link, even though the people i search for are in my messengers list. Also there are no clickable/copyable referral links here. The top part of the screen looks a bit like a referral link that i might send but i tried clicking, double clicking, press & hold, ritual sacrifice of chicken (not really obviously!....) but nothing works. I tried opening the www.oculus.com/s/personallink in my web browser but got

IMG_1.jpg

I then went to the referrals page on my computer via Meta Quest website as you suggested but had a similar experience there - no personal link to copy and a suggested referrals page that thinks i am alone in this world! I kind of feel like all these methods must just be checking for facebook?

Your advice above for meta quest web site fails for me at step 3

". 

1. Go to https://www.oculus.com/referrals.
  2. Click Send Referrals and sign into your account.
  3. Click Copy to copy your unique referral link, then share it with a friend on the platform of your choice.
    • If you have a linked Facebook account, you can also........

but there is no link to copy, it goes straight into "search facebook". (picture below) What i really hope to do is send a referral link by email, messenger or text really, but independent of facebook.

Any help would be seriously appreciated 🙂

IMG_2.jpg

Thanks for reaching back out! We definitely would like to take a further look into this so that we can get the referral credits added to you and your pals account! Please reach out to our support team by using the following link here and we'll happily get this looked into further. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

dekimqik.2022
Explorer

Hi sorry but that link takes me to a page that deals with problems specific (hardware) components, namely Headset, left controller, right controller and accessories. Selecting any one of those just goes deeper into that hardware - is the problem with audio, charging, camera etc.......absolutely nowhere is there anything to do with referral codes, software etc and there is no "other" option either.

If there is indeed a copyable link that for some reason I am not seeing could you show a picture or something please? The reason I sent so many screenshots last time is because it seems like this should be easy but I am for some reason not given a personal referral link and all the options for ,me seem to be tied to Facebook. Please help, I am hoping to get this sorted so my friends get their headsets & are set up before Christmas.

dekimqik.2022
Explorer

When I search in the support page for referrals it takes me to the standard post that suggests that a link should appear that I can copy and send, however this is the link I am not finding - I had tried all that before coming here 🙂

Hey Dekimqik.2022! Thank you for letting us know what is going on. Ok, here is what you can do so you can speak with someone in our support team.

• If you go to our support page, choose the Meta Quest option. 
  • Once you go here you will see a chat icon on the bottom right of the screen. When you click on here, select option Meta Quest again, when the chat bot comes up. 
  • You will be given more options so select, "Something Else."
  • You will be prompted to type what you need and type, "Talk to an agent." 
  • You will be asked for your information and then they will connect you with a live agent.

We hope this has helped.

Hey hey! Just checking in to see if you were able to get connected with our Meta Store Support? We want to make sure you can be able to send these referrals and get credit! Please let us know any update regarding this! 

dekimqik.2022
Explorer

Hi thanks, and yes I managed to get in touch with support (Luis L. and Pedro are currently helping with this). Apparently there is a known issue with (some?) new accounts and the engineers are looking into it. I have since found a Youtube video which shows how things SHOULD work, but from my account it skips the part where I get a personal referral link and the "copy" button. Keeping fingers crossed here! 🙂

We're glad to hear that dekimqik.2022! Thanks for reaching out to us and keep up your correspondence with our Online Support Team so they can see through your resolution.