cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral program

whatnow213.2022
Level 2

Hello, I believe I have made a mistake. I bought a quest 2 (which still hasn't been opened) from Amazon during the Black friday sale.

I then created an account so when I get it I can start right away. I tried the referral link given to me and all it does is try to connect with the quest 2 which is of corse not available.

I have a feeling I did this all backwards.

Is there a way to fix this?

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @whatnow213.2022! Welcome to the VR family, we're happy to see you've gotten a brand new Quest 2. Referral credits may be a bit confusing, we're happy to help get this sorted out for you. Here are the referral requirements:

• To make a referral link, you must have a registered Quest or Quest 2.
  • The new account cannot already be associated with a Meta Quest 2 product.
  • The referral recipient must be registering a new Meta Quest 2 (not refurbished, and not previously registered to another account)
  • Both users must be in the same country.
  • If the code is applied after you have already set up and logged into the Quest 2 headset, it will not work. The code must be applied before adding the account to your Quest 2.

Since your device hasn't yet been opened, you should be able to apply the referral credit by following theses steps:

1. Click the referral link that your friend sent you
  2. Create a new Meta account or log in if you have already created a Meta account and have never registered a Quest 2 to the account
  3. You and your friend who referred you will receive $30 in Meta Quest Store Credit once you activate your new headset for the first time.

If you and your friend don't receive the credits within 7 days of activating the headset, please click here or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We're here to help!