cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referred App keeps showing Invalid Link

MintyFishy
Explorer
I'm currently having a problem on any app referral links. It keeps showing me an Invalid Link page regardless of who send me a referral link. I've already tried unlinking my Meta account out of my Facebook account and have tried using private/incognito browser to accept the referral link. Unfortunately, they still gives me Invalid Link page. 

252 REPLIES 252

Parabootz
Explorer

I am having exactly the same issue, I chatted with support this morning and they were unable to fix, they have sent it onto their 'specialize team's who will contact me by email, not heard anything yet. Super annoying, I want a new game 😭

Same, I want to play some Star Wars games! Please post if you get any sort of resolution through that process, I’m interested to hear what they say. 

MintyFishy
Explorer

Update: 

I've been going back and forth with MetaQuestSupport for the past 5 days and they keep on iterating that the problem was that I've used an expired or used link over and over again. However, this is not the case on my end as I have requested new referral links from different people on different apps and I still just get an Invalid Link.

At this point, I feel like I'm just talking to an AI bot over and over again and I hope some of you who have the same problem can give light or solution to this problem.

Parabootz
Explorer

Sadly I am encountering exactly the same result as you, last I received from them was asking how many times my friend's link has been used as they can only be used three times. You'd think they would be able to look at the account and see this information for themselves, the answer is never, and it doesn't matter because NO app referral links work... So getting nowhere too ☹️ very slowly...

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out about this, we would love to assist. We would like to gather some information we do not want the public eye to see, so we want to invite you to pm us. To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi there @MintyFishy! We just wanted to check back in with you to see if everything is squared away. Please dont hesitate to reach out if you need to.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi. 

As much as I would like to accept the answer, this still doesn't answer why my friends who are in the same country as I am can accept 25% discount codes when I get Invalid Links.

Hey we see that you are in a pm with us. We will continue there to get this issue resolved.

I live in Hungary and until now, I have been able to use the 25% referral coupons perfectly. However, now it won't let me redeem them, no matter which game it is. I can still send these coupons to others and receive credits for them, but I am not allowed to accept them myself.

Hey there, @Violentdream! We really appreciate your reaching out to the community about this. We know how great it is to share discounts with friends, and we'd be happy to provide a bit more information.

We can confirm app referral codes are only available in supported countries and regions, and currently Hungary is not supported. Please be sure to check out our General Program Rules, as well as our terms and conditions, for more information.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?