cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refferal Problem

uncle-cool
Honored Guest

I sent a referral to a friend. She just messaged me that it came to her as "attachment unavailable." Not sure what to do.

10 REPLIES 10

fionabbbb
Honored Guest

Are you also seeing "attachment unavailable"?

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi guys! The team would love to look into what you're seeing here with that unavailable error. Would it be alright if they checked into your accounts on the back end to see what might have generated the error?

They'll just use the Oculus username that you are using on the Forums, though if you used a different account, feel free to PM me it and I can pass the information on to them.
Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

uncle-cool
Honored Guest

I am not seeing the "attachment unavailable" message. The person I sent the referral to is seeing it on her end. Her name is ********* (name removed for privacy.) On my end, I am only seeing "referral sent." She's a facebook friend and obviously wouldn't have an Oculus account yet. I am wondering if the is a facebook problem on her end.

Thanks for the details. I'll let the team know and they'll check it out on our end and see what's happening. You can remove her name from your post above for privacy, since this is a public board.

I'll let you know if the team needs any extra info!

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

@uncle-cool, if you go into your Messenger app, do you see a message showing the referral being sent to her? There should be a message that says "A Quest 2 offer from me to you" with a button that says "Join me".  Does that show up on your side?

Can you check for that message on your phone, in the Messenger app, if you have it?
Also, check on Facebook.com in your messages to see if it's there as well?

On that same line, can you have your friend check both her Messenger app and Facebook.com to see if that Attachment Unavailable is showing for both?

I'm having the same problem, the person I sent referral to it's saying attachment unavailable.

csdragracer
Honored Guest

I'm having the same problem too. I sent a referral to my Nephew and the link doesn't work.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, thanks for reporting. The team has made a few changes that should fix this issue, but they'd like it if you can test it out and let us know how it goes. @csdragracer think you could try creating a new referral for your nephew? 

My sister sent me a code for $30 credit at store for both of us when I set my viewer up. Her screen says it is sent and i setup my viewer through the link she sent me. We have no credits and I have no idea where to begin trying to find out how to get them. Please help $30 would be great right now

Screenshot_20230115_193129_One UI Home.jpg

695518578.jpg