cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove device from account

michael60634
Honored Guest
I have one Oculus Rift, but since I have used it with two PCs, my Oculus account thought I had 2 devices. After I used my Rift with the second PC, I uninstalled the software since I will not be using it with that PC anymore. Following this, I realized that a second device had been added to my account. I realized the way to remove a device is to remove it from the Oculus PC app. I asked the owner of the second PC to reinstall the app so I could remove the second device, but this has only caused a duplicate of the second PC to appear in my devices list. How do I remove the second PC and the duplicate of the second PC from my devices list? I should mention that my Oculus account on the web shows no devices.
6 REPLIES 6

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I found something similar happened to me when I returned my Rift S and went back to my Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.  The only way I found to get rid of the Rift S device settings from the Oculus App was to completely unistall Oculus then reinstall it.  Since then I have not seen any Rift S devices showing up.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Tugennov
Explorer
I have a similar issue.  I bought a computer that I installed the Oculus software on.  I wiped that computer clean and returned it and bought I different computer.  However, both computers show up as being linked to the account.  How do I remove the original computer from the account?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a similar issue, but mine is all from one computer after so hardware upgrades and wiping and reinstalling my computer, it now shows up as several different devices in the oculus app when I want to install rift games on my computer. I don't see any way to get rid of the old installations.

cannonical
Honored Guest

Same thing happened here. Looks like there are currently no plans to add this feature in so far.

BloodHound132
Honored Guest

The same thing happened to me but I factor resets my oculus quest 2 and I had me reconnect to my account but my account was still connected to the device and I don’t know what to do

ganapoly
Honored Guest
I've had this problem too and have been trying to find a solution for months.
In my case, I authenticated several times on two PCs, and each time I logged in to the PC app, the PC list was added one by one.
So, about 10 lists appeared, and each time it was a headache.
I thought it was too complicated, but the solution is to just go into the list of purchased RIFT games and press the install button on the headset to try to install them, which will be considered invalid registrations and can be deleted one by one.