cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename device with Oculus Quest 2

carlesribot
Explorer

Hi,

we have purchased a big amount of Quest 2 for a client and would like to rename the devices as they appear all with the same name "Quest 2" when you want to stream one of them.

Is there any way to rename them? Quest2-01 for example

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, that's a great question! At this time, renaming devices is not a feature that is offered. If this is something that you would like the engineers to take into consideration, we encourage you to head over to our Ideas Forum. This forum is checked daily so our team can see what would make our users' VR experiences even better. 😊

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, that's a great question! At this time, renaming devices is not a feature that is offered. If this is something that you would like the engineers to take into consideration, we encourage you to head over to our Ideas Forum. This forum is checked daily so our team can see what would make our users' VR experiences even better. 😊

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

carlesribot
Explorer

Thanks, I will definitely do

PsychoKillerr
Explorer

Actually, you can rename them in the meta app you can see which heat]dset is which. You need to create an organization HERE and after that, download the software from here on your Windows PC. After setting it up, plug your headset into your computer, wait for the hub to connect to it, and click on the gear icon next to your headset, next to Device Logs. It will open up a screen showing your headset. Under General, you will see "Device Nickname" with a button that says Change. Click change, rename your headset anything you want, and then save. You have now renamed your headset and it will reflect the change in the Meta App. You might have to restart headset if you don't see the name change right away. 

VREscapeUK
Honored Guest

I'm at the Device Nickname section in MQDH and the CHANGE button is inactive with a little note saying "connect device to MQDH"... I'm missing something obvious but I don't know what. Any ideas?

Did you happen to turn on dev mode via the meta app? I believe that you need to enable dev mode before anything can be done.

Hey VREsxapeUL, when it asks you to connect your device to MQDH, they are referring to the Meta Quest Developer Hub. You can download the latest version of MQDH here and use it to change the name of your device. If the issue still persists. If the issue still persists, please get in touch with our support agents here so that they can walk you through step-by-step troubleshooting options.

CaptRed
Explorer

Not sure if this helps but when you try to connect to a Bluetooth device, if you click on the device name to edit it’ll let you there. Haven’t tested further than that but maybe it’d rename in app too?

Thank you! This was making me insane

The fact that this is still not resolved is fairly absurd. Why would you not solve a problem that makes it easier for users to have more of your devices? So we continue to buy more devices? This seems like a very silly oversight for such a forward-thinking company. I hope someone at Meta starts listening to customers. I have seen hundreds or requests for this on dozens of forums.