cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Rift Has a Defective Cable and Support is Unresponsive

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
Last Wednesday, I finally received a replacement for my Rift which has red tint/bad gamma/brightness issues.  Unfortunately, the replacement seem to have a defective cable, as the display will sometimes not turn on and can cut out depending on the position of the cable.  I immediately contacted support, who wrote back very quickly saying

Thank you for following up with us.

Please give me sometime to look into this for you.

Thank you for your patience.

That was a week ago.  I've been asking for updates and haven't received any response.  All I want is to get the cable replaced.  That shouldn't be a difficult request to fill.

I was able to use the Rift for a bit, by properly positioning the cable, but that's been getting more and more difficult to do.

@cybereality, I hate to bother you, but can you look in to this?

EDIT:

Just wanted to add ... I understand if there's a delay due to them finding something in my logs which potentially points to another issue.  If that's the case, I would just like someone to tell me what's going on.
2 REPLIES 2

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
Support ended up responding a little while after I posted this.  They asked for my serial number and address, then said they're going to discuss a solution for me.  We'll see what happens.

SliderOverride
Explorer
How long you wait for your replaced RIFT ?
I am on Day46 of waiting 😞

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/36525/oculus-support-is-a-pain-in-the-ass/p1