cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement headset wont connect during Pairing mode!

Damian521
Explorer

Oculus had to replace my headset because the charging port melted while on the charger, needless to say it was only 4 months old at the time of it melting! Scary I know.

However, I received the replacement headset in the mail and I have been trying to register it to my app since receiving it. 

I receive an error message that says

Unable to connect to your headset

We can't connect to your headset. Please try the troubleshooting steps below: 

- Make sure your headset is powered on, Bluetooth is on, and your phone is next to your headset.

- Check that the headset screen is lit up. If not, make sure your headset is fully charged or connected to power and your headset is powered on.

- Try turning Bluetooth off, then back on.

- Check that your phone connection is connected to the internet.

- Still having trouble? Please go to our help center at support.oculus.com

I have done everything in my power, I have reached out to oculus support, but im not getting any where except a ticket is opened and someone will reach out within 24 hours. Well its been almost 48 hours since the ticket opening and NO one still has helped!  

Let me also say that when we received the replacement headset, we kept the existing controllers so, when you put the headset on, it remains in pairing mode ONLY! We cannot get past the pairing mode and controllers wont even connect either. It tells us to pull the black tabs out but we cannot do that because it was already done with the original headset. We also replaced the battery in the controllers to be safe and still no luck. 

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We know it can be discouraging for your headset to not pair with the app, so we'd be glad to give some insight! 

In regards to your pairing issue; this does seem to be one of the known issues we've been facing currently and are working towards finding a resolution. 

Before we jump into that conclusion, though. Let's see what we can test out!

Could you try out the following:

1. Reboot the headset:
    1. Turn off the headset.
    2. Hold the Power and Volume Down (-) buttons together until the boot menu loads. 
    3. Use the Volume Buttons to highlight Boot Device and press the Power Button. 
  2. uninstall and reinstall the Meta Quest app. 

Last but not least. If those don't seem to help, you might want to try a Factory reset. 

If that also doesn't seem to help, we do suggest posting any information you may have on this and stay up to date through this thread here. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Damian521
Explorer

We have done all of the above. I actually was chatting with an agent who walked me through the SAME steps and still nothing worked.

NOTHING works, I have tried countless "fixes"  This has been a problem since July.  The thread you recommend is from August and still no fix is posted.  My headset had a bad lens.  Why not just put in a good lens and send back my original headset?  That first post  with this issue is dated July 8, seriously 3 months is unacceptable for support.  How long is this going to take?

If my clients had to wait 3 months for a "fix" I wouldn't have any clients. 

So you have been having this same issue since July 8th with no resolution?

So what are we out of our money on these expensive devices because something happened to them when they were still so new and now our replacements are basically trash? This is absolutely insane to be honest. When i paid almost $400 for something I didn't expect the charging port to MELT, then to get a replacement after my original was not even 4 months old yet and the replacement don't even work. This isn't right as a customer. 

Oh let me also state, 24 hours for my ticket from SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2022 still has NOT been responded to and here we are THURSDAY OCTOBER 6, 2022...

Oculus support when should i expect my oculus to be fixed and be able to use it again? 

No not since July.  My troubles started early last month.   July was the earliest post with the problem on the forum and was not marked as resolved. I can't  find it  now for some reason.  Will keep looking and post it here to remind everyone.

At least you got to use yours for 2 months more than we did.

And tomorrow is a week since i last heard from support hoping they reach a resolution soon.

We understand how tedious this may be and we are working hard to get this issue resolved for our users! In the meantime, you can use this link to see our most recent updates.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

unvrca
Honored Guest

I had similar problem. Reboot your headset to factory settings. By holding power button and - volume button down. When it turns back on have your phone account login make sure your logged in first and go menus then to devices but instead of  clicking connect in middle of page u click the plus + icon in right top corner. Headsets will appear choose your type of head set and it should work. It won’t pair other way because it’s looking for your old headset u have to add new one. But headset has to be default to do so.