cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report harassment

Natassidog
Honored Guest

My son was threatened and harassed violently on gorilla tag by multiple players what do I do to have this properly taken care of so they don't continue this I'm worried about how this may affect him emotionally and physically thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Natassidog! We're so sorry to hear about this atrocious experience your son went through while trying to play Gorilla Tag, and we completely understand your concern with the toll this may take on him. With that being said, we're more than happy to guide you in the right direction to get this behavior reported. At the moment, the only way to contact the developers and make a report is via their discord, which you can find here

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Natassidog! We're so sorry to hear about this atrocious experience your son went through while trying to play Gorilla Tag, and we completely understand your concern with the toll this may take on him. With that being said, we're more than happy to guide you in the right direction to get this behavior reported. At the moment, the only way to contact the developers and make a report is via their discord, which you can find here

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

RIOX28
Explorer

just got our quest 2 yesterday my son stoked to play amoung us and i was sitting helping kids in lobby started calling him "an annoying **bleep**ing bitch" and told him to leave
im new to this but it seems all the games want access to record if this language is being used why are you not muting these people? im sure it wasnt just a random 1 time encounter
how do we report people and if youre recording us why are is nothing being done?

just tried again entered lobby kid just yelling "N" word over and over...

never said a word about gorilla tag? appreciate the copy/paste for nothing related to my issue
you ban people over fb over the dumbest stuff and yet heres racism and bullying and youre not even reading what im typing 👏

Hey there @RIOX28, we sincerely apologize for any miscommunication and misunderstanding on our end. To report any users who are breaking rules in Among Us VR, you can either reach out to the developers by going here or you can follow the steps we've listed below as well as here to do so from the headset:

To report someone on Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest:

1. Press the Home button on your controller to access the app menu.
  2. Select Report Abuse.
  3. Select the reason for your report from the Tell us what happened menu, then select Continue.
  4. Select the user you would like to report from the pre-populated list or search for their username using the search bar at the top, then select Continue.
  5. If you want to add a video to your report, select Add Video. If not, select Skip.
    • Select Start Recording to capture video of the user or interaction you are reporting, or select Upload Video if you've already captured a recording of the user or interaction.
    • If you select Start Recording, a recording will automatically begin and a small red light will appear on your screen. Select Resume to return to the app. To end the recording, press 

the Home button and select the stop recording button

. You can then review the video you recorded and select Continue or Record New Video.
    • If you select Upload Video, select the video you want to upload from your Camera Roll.
  6. You can add more details under Anything else to add?, then select Continue to review the details of the report. Select Submit to submit the report.

We hope this helps, and please feel free to reach back out to us if you have other questions or concerns.

JustUsBBA
Honored Guest

Same here my son just came in from school got on the game and a kid is yelling shut up N****er shut up N***er I am putting an end to this user reporting them I hear it’s possible they won’t play for months 

1. you cant just report someone and expect them to get banned, its oculus and the game devs decision to ban them. 2. your son is underage to play vr.

tayloristired
Explorer

Racism, bigotry, misogyny and  hate speech are a huge issue on Meta products because the tools they provide are rubbish for dealing with these issues. Meta. It takes 6 steps to report someone, and then it takes forever for  the offending user to actually get dealt with. Meta doesn't really do anything to limit these jerks from creating a new account to stir up more trouble.

Compared to how Microsoft, Nintendo or Sony deal with these issues Meta's approach is more like Roblox. Which is to only provide the absolute minimum to avoid legal scrutiny.

And if you think there is an age were hatespeech is appropriate then you are likely part of the problem, because no-one said anything about how old the son is.

baconjoe.2022
Honored Guest

I have the same problem occurring on a daily basis with my son.  He enjoys playing when he meets kind players, but more than half the time he has to tell people repeatedly to "stop it."  Today it was so bad he was screaming repeatedly to leave him alone so I Screencast to find there were two players who had him cornered,  They hovered over him, apparently hitting his avatar, and were laughing about what they were doing.  I took the controls and told them all, in a not kind way, to leave my son alone, and that I would be reporting the issue.  I tried to report through Gorilla Tag but they left the game before I could send the report.  The user names are Feldemer and Penguin0326.  A younger player was very kind, asking the older players repeatedly to leave my son alone and then followed up to check in and ask if he was okay.  Please follow up to advise when and how this will be resolved.  I have been otherwise very happy with Occulus, as I find it is a great way for socially challenged kids to participate and learn to socialize.  However, I am fed up with the cruelty of players who intentionally try to harass and hurt other players.  I look forward to a prompt response.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?