cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Escalation and Resolution of Oculus 3 Shipping Issue

Xandella
Honored Guest
Dear Meta Support Team, 

I am writing to share my recent experience with Meta Support regarding an issue I am facing with my Meta Quest 3, purchased on Black Friday.

Despite Meta Support's prompt and efficient determination that my headset needs replacement due to malfunctions since the first week of use, I find myself in a disheartening situation. The challenge arises from Meta's shipping policy, which states that replacements cannot be shipped to Puerto Rico, a U.S. territory.

While I appreciate the quick response and professionalism of Meta Support, it is inconceivable to sell a product in a particular location and then have policies that hinder the shipment of its replacement to the same place. Puerto Rico has access to reliable shipping services such as FedEx, UPS, USPS, among others, and it seems counterintuitive to exclude such locations.

Upon requesting an escalation to explore alternative resolutions, I encountered some pushback and was not provided with the necessary details for escalation. My ticket number for this issue is #06733494.

I am reaching out to Meta Support in the hope of finding a suitable solution for this situation.

It is disconcerting to be asked to provide a US shipping address and then burden a friend or family member with the task of shipping the replacement to me through the same shipping channels available to Meta. This not only proves inconvenient but also appears illogical.

I kindly request Meta Support to consider and address this matter promptly, providing me with a resolution that aligns with the accessibility of shipping services in Puerto Rico. I believe a reasonable solution can be reached without imposing unnecessary inconveniences on customers.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and hope to be contacted soon with an appropriate solution.

Thank you,

Alexandra 

3 REPLIES 3

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there, @Xandella! I recommend following what your support agent provided you as they're able to provide you with the best method of getting your headset/component replaced. Here on the forums, we're not fully capable to assist with replacements. I wish there was more that I could do to help, so if you'd like to try troubleshooting your device with us, please let us know. Thank you for your understanding!

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."

The agent wants me to provide a US address. I do not live in the Continental USA, I live in Puerto Rico. They have not provided a solution and getting me the replacement in Puerto Rico. And no one is providing me way of escalating the situation to which they say that they have no response. This situation is not understandable. 

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @Xandella; thanks for the reply. As far as I'm aware, Meta doesn't support Puerto Rico for shipping. Here is a link I found to a article that goes into more detail: Meta Quest restricted shipping locations. I'm not sure how you  purchased your headset, but I would recommend you to go through the retailer you bought your headset from for possible replacement or refund options if you're unable to complete the process outlined by your support agent. I hope I was able to clarify the situation a bit and provide you a possible other option. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions! 

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?