cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting Oculus Home

Rrraw
Honored Guest

I was playing around with the scale of a laser pistol in the room and accidentally made it too large. Now when I go into the room, I am unable to reopen my menu and reset the room. Any suggestion on how to reset the Home?

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Rrraw! We would love to provide some steps to hopefully allow you to reopen your menu in order to reset your Home Environment!

First, we would like for you to ensure that your windows defender or any anti-virus software you may have has all permissions allowed for the Oculus Home PC software. Firewall and anti-virus software has been know to cause issues accessing menus with the Oculus software, so whitelisting the Oculus software in your firewall or anti-virus software can potentially resolve your menu from opening up! 

We also recommend repairing your Oculus software! The following steps will take you through the process of repairing your Oculus software: 

1. Go to www.oculus.com/setup scroll down to Oculus Rift S and click Download software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.

• If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.

• If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.

• Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.

3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.

4. Launch the Oculus PC app.

We hope these steps prove to be useful in getting your menus to open and allowing you to reset your Home Environment! If not, please don't hesitate to reach out and we can continue with more troubleshooting steps! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I repair and also uninstalled then reinstalled but that did not help. Here's a screen capture of what I'm seeing when I launch the Oculus Home. 

error.jpg 

Hey there Rraw, Thanks for replying with a picture! If the troubleshooting steps we provided didn't fix the issue, we invite you to private message us with the link below. This way we can provide you with one on one attention for this matter. We look forward to hearing from you! 

Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!