cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting account how are games affected?

Mercenery200
Honored Guest
Hello, I'm going to factory reset my oculus quest and I want to know how my games will be affected. If I factory reset my quest will all the games still be in the library and can simply just be reinstalled. Or if I factory reset will all the games be removed and I will need too have the original email associated with the account reinstated?
13 REPLIES 13

Kentobi
Heroic Explorer
If you factory reset, you’ll have to log in with your Oculus account and redownload your apps. You’ll have to have the original username and password. You can certainly create a new account, but purchases are tied to the account, not the headset. Does that help?

wuzp
Rising Star
  • All local app/data (on the headset) is lost.
  • You must reinstall your apps/games from the Store.  If you previously downloaded an app/game; it will be listed as "Purchased" in the store.
  • Any app/game that required a login must be logged back into.

Mercenery200
Honored Guest
Thank you for your reply that certainly helps!

andersson031
Explorer
Them main part for me is an option to restore all the settings and savings.

Mahjafahja
Honored Guest
I have a quest and a quest two, if I factory reset the quest (to sell) will I lose everything off of the quest 2 

nalex66
MVP
MVP

I have a quest and a quest two, if I factory reset the quest (to sell) will I lose everything off of the quest 2 

Factory resetting clears content off the device. Resetting one headset will not have any effect on the other. 

If you plan to sell your old Quest, you should also go to your profile/devices page on the Oculus website and click “Delete Device Data” for that headset, to disassociate it from your account. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

pissedoffwhiteguy475
Honored Guest

I have tried this multiple times still wants me to re buy my apps. I have yet to hear from meta. I think an honest review might be my next move. Since they have been no help!

What if I have all the games I have on my original account on my second one and then log on with that one will my games be on my second account?

Hey @BarcaaaaaaaaaaaaVr, thanks for reaching out about your questions on resetting your headset. What you first need to understand about factory resetting the headset is that it would be a full wipe of the headset; the only things that are saved would be on the cloud if the cloud feature is turned on. Another thing to note is the use of secondary accounts; if you have bought games or apps on one account and not the other, they would only be on the purchased account, but you can use the app sharing feature to utilize the games that are on other accounts that dont have the purchases. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!