cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resident Evil 4 Code Not Working

marissasky1105
Honored Guest

I bought the black Friday deal oculus and it comes with a. resident evil 4 code. I have tried to redden the code they gave me 4 times and everytime it has told me that the code doesn’t exist. Is there any help that anyone can give me to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! We are aware of the RE4 code issue and our team is looking into this currently! Once we have any information on this they will let everyone know as for the time being thank you for your patience ❤️

We are all mad here.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36

Fluke
Heroic Explorer

I'll copy paste a previous reply to someone else:

In case you didn't know, there are (for some reason) two different places to redeem a code. One is under your actual profile, the other is a redeem option on the actual page of the game itself. If it doesn't redeem in under your profile, try under the actual game page on the store. A code that will redeem under your profile -> redeem code won't redeem on the page for the game, and vice-versa.

To try and redeem a code under your profile, go to the Quest store in a browser (while logged in):

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/

Click your avatar/portrait at the top right (I'm looking at it on a PC here), and you'll get a menu, the first item of which should be the option for your profile - click that and you should find an option for redeeming codes.

If you've tried redeeming there, then go to the store page for Resident Evil, and you'll find a redeem code option there as well.

It's crazy that there are two different places to redeem codes, and you have to use the right one for your code.

Co-host of Recentered - A VR Podcast, available on all normal podcast streaming services.

JamBox88
Retired Support

Hi @marissasky1105! I'm wondering if the previous steps mentioned worked for you?

Kudos, kudos and more kudos!

Fluke's suggestion works. Support seem to have no idea how to resolve the issue and it is beyond poor that a dual registration process even exists. Very poor first experience of the Oculus 2.

Fluke
Heroic Explorer

If you buy a game on the store and gift it to someone, then that code has to be redeemed on the game page. I'm assuming that codes from promotional offers etc need to be redeemed under your profile instead. But yeah, it's poor this system exists, given the confusion it causes for new users.

Co-host of Recentered - A VR Podcast, available on all normal podcast streaming services.

I have tried both, several times, each with no success. I will try again while using the Quest2 inside the game purchase menu.

I find the META website maddening. It pops up new windows for everything - and there was no option to add a photo to my profile - until I tried to reply in this forum and a new page came up with forum settings and profile options that are not on the main page.

Hey Desertbro! This is not the experience we want you to have. We know how important it is to be able to enjoy the games you were expected to get with your purchase and we will work with you to get this issue fixed. Once you receive your device and have set it up, you will need to create a Meta account. After setting up the account you will need to do the following from the app on your phone that you used to set up the account:

1. Open the Meta Quest mobile app on your phone.
  2. Tap Menu, then tap Settings.
  3. Tap Account Settings, then tap Redeem Store Code.
  4. Enter your code, then tap Submit.

The store code that you will need would be sent to the email address you used to purchase the device. Sometimes these get sent to spam or junk mail folders so be sure to check those. After this you should be good to go. If you are still having issues please feel free to send us a private message and we will work with you to explore other options. You can send us a private message by doing the following:

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have never received any email from META/Oculus with a redeem code. I have the paper insert that came in the package. I tried the code on PC in the game store and under my settings. I tried the code on mobile in the game store and under my settings. I tried the code while using the Quest 2 in the game store.

Every time I get a message saying the code doesn't exist.

I have emailed customer support and they gave me the same instructions to do all the stuff I've already done several times. At no point have they said they did any research/problem solving on their end - and I have provided all the requested information.

Hey again Desertbro! Thanks for getting back to us with that information. We want to acknowledge and apologize for our mistake in our previous reply. We actually provided the steps to redeem the current Beat Saber promotion, which is not the same as the way to redeem Resident Evil 4.

You are absolutely correct that the code for Resident Evil 4 is on the card in your box, and that is the code you should use to redeem it. We do understand that the code you received is not working, and our support team is looking into this! If you could continue to work with them, they will work with you to explore all your options in trying to get this resolved.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I did that and it says the code is already been entered. But my purchase history is empty