cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resident Evil Game Code Issues

Hello! Recently, my little sister received an Oculus Quest 2 and as part of the promotion she purchased it under, she got a code to get Resident Evil 4 for free. The thing is, it's a bit too scary for her tastes and she said I could have it. I entered the code under my account (I have a Quest 1) by scanning the QR code in the box, but now when I try to access it in the mobile app it just says "Purchased" in a greyed-out button in the place where it usually says "Install to VR". It doesn't even show up on the headset unless I go to the store and even then it just says "Purchased". I tried reentering the code, rebooting the headset, factory resetting it, and deleting it from and reconnecting it to the mobile app, but nothing has made it accessible in VR. I know Resident Evil 4 works on Quest 1, but is it possible that it not letting me install it due to the fact that the code came from a Quest 2 promotion? Is there anything that can be done to remedy this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @tHe_Immoral_Immortal. We saw you were trying to redeem a promo code and were having a few issues which is definitely not what we want to hear. The first thing you should know is that Resident Evil 4 actually does not run on the Quest 1. Next, if your sister decided the game was too scary for her after playing the game, she already redeemed it and it will be on her account. But if she didn't redeem it herself, you probably have the game as part of your library and just can't access Resident Evil 4 on your Quest 1.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @tHe_Immoral_Immortal. We saw you were trying to redeem a promo code and were having a few issues which is definitely not what we want to hear. The first thing you should know is that Resident Evil 4 actually does not run on the Quest 1. Next, if your sister decided the game was too scary for her after playing the game, she already redeemed it and it will be on her account. But if she didn't redeem it herself, you probably have the game as part of your library and just can't access Resident Evil 4 on your Quest 1.

Hey just an update-- as of tonight at 7:20pm NO DOWNLOAD OF GAME ON OCULUS  REDEEMED CODE 4 DAYS AGO

Looks like you're having an issue with the RE4 promotional code, @TheBigMan.642734. No worries, we'll make sure to solve this!

Please shoot us a message through PM and we'll take a closer look at this. Select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

I THINK I DISCOVERED THE PROBLEM  BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT.IN NOV 2021 MY ACCOUNT  CYNTHIA MICHOLSKY (EMAIL- Cynthia-micholsky@hotmail.com) was hacked.In trying a number of ways to fix it  I got locked out.So I set up an account Micholsky Cynthia (reversed my name)with all the same info and same e mail account.first account is still locked and can't unlock it. When I redeemed the code for the game it must be under first account that's locked and I can't get into it to open e mail to follow your directions for the oculus.the oculus is set up under micholsky cynthia, same emailI  under facebook account.Can accounts be merged???right now I'm lost with what to do!!!!

deb1111.2023
Level 2

I got a free code to enter for resident evil. I’ve entered it in it didn’t work still asked me to purchase it. How do I resolve this? The code now expired on December 31 and I entered it in when I received it on December 26 and subsequent days I have continually tried.

Hi, 

I'm having the same issues with my sons code saying it doesn't exist

Where do I fund the code 

Mine came with a card on it with a QR code in an activation code. But it didn’t work.

Mine came with a card with a QR code in an activation code. It didn’t work though, but it did come in the box