cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Error saying "We're having problems loading this" when enabling developer mode

djn121
Honored Guest

Hi everyone!

Headset: Oculus Quest 2

Problem: When I toggle the developer mode switch in the Oculus iOS app, a red banner populates on the bottom of the screen stating "We're having problems loading this. Please try again."

What I have tried: I created an oculus account, created an organization within, factory reset my quest 2, paired with my iPhone, and attempt to put into developer mode and I get the same problem. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, I have deleted and created new organizations in the developer account, and I have factory reset the headset countless times.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It worked last week!!

Thanks!!

655 REPLIES 655

dabbleforever
Protege

I don't expect it to get fixed fast. Facebook is terrible at fixing things. This issue looks like it's been around a while. My authentication had to be redone after receiving a firmware push on my headset. Everything stop working in developer mode including side quest.

dabbleforever
Protege

Screenshot_20221204-180411.png

I've never done twitter!

Hi EzWhisp, I'm having the same problem this is very frustrating. I already validated my developer account and created the organization, enabling the toggler on the MQ app but throwing the "we're having problems loading this. please tey again" error when I try to switch it on. These are the things I have tried without luck:

Updated/uninstalled-reinstalled the Meta Quest mobile app.

Restarted the headset several times.

Factory reset the headset.

Tried to enable it from the Meta Quest Developer Hub desktop app. In this case I get the message "Unable to toggle developer mode on headset"

None of this worked.

I've just used the live chat, and spoken to the support team. They said they'll get back to me and speak to the development team. 2 mins later! Got a call back.. There aware of the issue.. They didn't say what there doing to fix the problem. But there aware of the issue.

They recommended those effected by this create a developer support ticket. I said that's pointless as this is a user issue. Users cannot enable Developer mode...

The fact that they said "They aware of the problem" Tells me it all to be honest... I recommend someone post on twitter and we just start retweeting until it gets sorted out

And tag Zuckerberg n let him know lol.

tag the tweet and social stuff to Zuckerberg and like every dev account. Maybe UploadVR?

Ive been verified for a year. I also did remove my CC and 2fa and re verified and still nothing.