cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Error saying "We're having problems loading this" when enabling developer mode

djn121
Honored Guest

Hi everyone!

Headset: Oculus Quest 2

Problem: When I toggle the developer mode switch in the Oculus iOS app, a red banner populates on the bottom of the screen stating "We're having problems loading this. Please try again."

What I have tried: I created an oculus account, created an organization within, factory reset my quest 2, paired with my iPhone, and attempt to put into developer mode and I get the same problem. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, I have deleted and created new organizations in the developer account, and I have factory reset the headset countless times.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It worked last week!!

Thanks!!

655 REPLIES 655

I’m having same problem. Can we get some feedback please? Having same problem. ODH also says I have a verified account but it can’t enable developer mode. Can we get some help please? Can’t turn developer mode on headset using phone or pc. I’ve reinstalled the app on phone and restarted headset a number of times. Plz help

I am also experiencing this issue. A few days ago my Quest's UI updated to a more modern looking blue-ish design which is probably part of an update. After that my dev mode was disabled and now it shows this error when trying to re-activate it.

Same issue for me. Hopefully someone is at the Meta offices this week...

Hey ShadyBrody! We know the time this is taking off from being able to do new projects, and we get how frustrating this issue can be. Which is why we want to make sure to verify your Developer account by clicking here. Once this is done please let us know if it helped! You can also click here for more updates on other Developer issues your experiencing.

You can also post in our Developer Forums for more information and help from our awesome community. We appreciate the on going patience and understanding.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This happening to me as well. I’ve had developer mode enabled for forever but then today when I went on to sidequest it said I wasn’t in developer mode. Sure enough, it got switched to off in the app and now it won’t toggle back on.

If you figure out a solution, please put it in this thread, I’ll do the same if I fix my problem

I am on beta for both headset and PC app. How about you guys?

Hmm not that I know of

I’m having the same problem. My dev account has been verified according to the link provided but I can’t toggle developer mode

I pinged OculusSupport. This is their response:

Glad you were able to get to the Developer page! As previously mentioned, we are looking into this issue and hope to have it resolved very soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this ongoing fix. When an update becomes available about the resolution of this issue we will be sure to alert everyone on the forums!