cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Error saying "We're having problems loading this" when enabling developer mode

djn121
Honored Guest

Hi everyone!

Headset: Oculus Quest 2

Problem: When I toggle the developer mode switch in the Oculus iOS app, a red banner populates on the bottom of the screen stating "We're having problems loading this. Please try again."

What I have tried: I created an oculus account, created an organization within, factory reset my quest 2, paired with my iPhone, and attempt to put into developer mode and I get the same problem. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, I have deleted and created new organizations in the developer account, and I have factory reset the headset countless times.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It worked last week!!

Thanks!!

655 REPLIES 655

THIS. I do the same, I have notifications just in case someone’s response is an answer lol

yaser_bakri
Honored Guest

I assume the problem is still without a solution for the 5th month in a row, as I started having two days ago.

my developer account was working and suddenly after a restart for my computer and vr headset it stopped working, I verified my account, created an organization and tried to enable the developer mode without any success.

I tried it from PC and mobile, but still no luck, it's showing that the account is verified but it's not enabling the developer mode no matter what I do.

What should I do, how are you planning to solve the problem as I need to continue with the vr project I'm developing.

I feel you, in exactly the same scenario with my Masters degree. whats more insult to injury is the pop-up that appears every 45 seconds asking me to rate my experience on the forum...

As of 7th December 2022

• No update
  • No ETA
  • No Workaround
  • Issue is not a local problem (DON'T WIPE YOUR QUEST 2 - WON'T FIX THE ISSUE)
  • Developer Hub if you try to enable Developer mode says in the logs  "This account has been blocked". 
  • No Rollback option

No Communication from the development team. Community managers have said that this is being looked at, and there working on the problem.. All we know so far

RustyFerrari
Honored Guest

Kind of unimaginable that this has been going on for so long with no solution or workaround put forward; would really like to start developing for the Quest but just seems like that is not going to be an option for...who knows how long? _sad_

a.m71
Honored Guest

it's weird, that a multi-billion dollar company with thousands of workers with multiple development teams can't fix one issue that could help developers and some working on deadlines. we are yet to get an update on the situation

Not a solution

Demondeviouslaclowns
Honored Guest

i wonder if this is just an android/computer thing, my friend came over few days ago and on his iphone he was able to turn on dev mode just fine

i'm on iOs/mac ecosystem.... no developer mode.

It is not. Your friend is probably still with v46 on his headset. There are a lot of people with iPhone that have the same issue.