cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved Issue - App Sharing Not Able to Play Simultaneously

Tyler_Beck
Explorer

I keep getting error messages that I can’t play the same game on different oculus’s at once even though I am admin in both and it’s still not letting me. It worked 2 weeks ago but has no suddenly stopped working. I’m not going to be buying the game again on that device. I hope someone can contact me and tel me how to fix this app sharing issues because right now I can’t play with my family. 

648 REPLIES 648

iMight404, is there an update on the fix?  This has clearly impacted many people who specifically bought these headsets and multiplayer apps that allow sharing.  I understand things happen that create issues like this, but given the importance of getting this issue fixed, your customers at least deserve consistent communication and an expected date the fix will be available.  Please update as it’s been 2 weeks with nothing.

RF404
Expert Protege

I remember being behind a lady on line at a supermarket. She yelled at the cashier because they raised their prices. Let's not be that lady. 

LiLMannerZ
Protege

I directed support to this thread, and now I got this response (copy and paste)

Heather (Oculus Support)

Apr 3, 2022, 6:18 PDT

Hi Shaunna,

I appreciate your patience with us while your case was escalated to me for further assistance. After reviewing your case, I am terribly sorry to see that you are now unable to play at the same time with the original account on app sharing. I know how disheartening this must be and I do have information to share with you on this.

It seems there's a bug with the expected App Sharing behavior, and our engineers are looking into it now. 

We appreciate your patience as we get this handled. We'll update the solution here once we receive more information.

All the best,

Heather

This is not being upset by raised prices, this is being upset at a product that was made defective after purchasing by a mandatory, irreversible update that has taken far longer to repair than it ought to.

And until it is fixed there remains the possibility the new functionality may not provide what it used to, a feature that was the explicit reason many people bought additional headsets.

And if this drags on too much longer I'm going to have to get refunds for what I bought before the return window runs out.

you need to turn off the app sharing first if you already bought games separately for you two devices. Then you will be able to play. (Still, very disappointed that it cost us extra money to buy the same game again because of this bug!!)

I have had two Oculus Quest 2 headsets for over 2 years and I am the "Admin" account on both headsets and app Sharing is enabled on mine. We have been able to play all games with App Sharing capabilities without any problems up until 2 weeks ago. Now when we login to play a game, a pop-up comes up saying that "multiple accounts cannot use the app at the same time" with options to dismiss or quit. If we hit dismiss and resume, we can play for a couple more minutes before the pop-up reappears. We tried factory resetting the second headset, deleting it from the other accounts re-adding it. We can play individually but when we try to play together the pop-up returns.

Anyone know of any fixes or others having a similar problem. All help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your experience with the community. We have received reports from other users having this same experience, and we want to assure you that our engineers are looking into this. We hope to have this resolved for you and everyone soon so you can get back to enjoying gaming together!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for you fast response. We look forward to this being resolved!

Yeah, the actual loop hole that was unintended works and the specifically designed feature does not

Nope just copy and paste our engineers are looking into it forever until it is swept under the rug it seems 😅 missing account - official oculus response and fix in 24 hours - app sharing - silence