cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved Issue - App Sharing Not Able to Play Simultaneously

Tyler_Beck
Explorer

I keep getting error messages that I can’t play the same game on different oculus’s at once even though I am admin in both and it’s still not letting me. It worked 2 weeks ago but has no suddenly stopped working. I’m not going to be buying the game again on that device. I hope someone can contact me and tel me how to fix this app sharing issues because right now I can’t play with my family. 

648 REPLIES 648

Yes!
1 star on "Demeo" and "walkabout". Only tested App sharing games so far....

It's not in the hands of the game developers, they do not deserve a bad rating. I am frustrated as well but starting to threaten/blame support staff or downvote game developers is not helping anyone.

Noticed
Explorer

I mean, I really love my Quest 2. I already bought several ones for my Family and Friends, who are living far away, so that we can have a good time together. My Wife has also one, but now she isn't able to participate in the sessions any more. And we can't play together. This is really frustrating. 

I think it's ok. Because its a boring game to play alone, when the rest of the family only watching....
It's Of course important to write why only giving it 1 star.
And i will change my review when/if this problem is fixed.

Demeo devs specifically told me this was not them, and that they want the game played this way. You're punishing them unfairly.

I agree with Tonga on this issue.

The app sharing issue - or to put it bluntly: the deactivation of the former advertised app sharing feature - has nothing to do with the quality of the apps. For that I would not suggest to give the developers bad ratings for Meta's misbehaviour and apparently inability - or better - unwillingness to solve this problem.

I do not want gratitude for my patience. This is getting impertinent after 3 weeks have passed.

I want a solution that works.

For myself I have decided not to buy any new app via the Occulus store until they have fixed this issue - and I mean fixed to our all satisfaction.  

@iMight404 and @Oculus_RyanS I beg you to again and again escalate this topic and have us updated in this thread. Your general attitude in this matter has been appreciated by the community, but please "walk the talk" ..... 

Yeah...  I totally agree.
It's not fair, but maybe this is what we need. A reaction from developers...
They should not allow this either. 

Mosesen
Explorer

Asgarond and Elissamay... You're right... This was not fair.
I removed my reviews. Both are great games. Lets hope we can play them with our family pretty soon.

TravOrg
Explorer

@imight40 and @Ryanality can you give us an update.  We have all spent thousands on multiple headsets and games on a device that was advertised to work a certain way.  At this point it is almost criminal what your company is doing.

lance.mccary
Heroic Explorer

39 pages worth of posts/complaints

Hundreds of posts/complaints on Reddit and Facebook

”Known issue” for 3+ weeks

What will it take to get daily updates or a timeline? 50 pages? 100? 1000? How many more tickets do we need to submit to get a concrete answer on the direction of app sharing that is not contradicted by other support staff? 

We filed FTC complaints. We commented on a YouTube video posted by UploadVR, some of us (myself included) messaged UploadVR several times to post a public story regarding Oculus Support stating the intention of change vs the lack of vague responses of moderators here stating the opposite.

What will be our next step as the community? How will we get our voice heard and earn transparency on this? 

I have a few ideas, but we need to collectively do this together. We can go on Amazon and leave a 1 star review on the oculus quest 2 and leave a simple comment like “App sharing was blocked” and there are hundreds of reviews stating this people will notice.

Another suggestion, why don’t we collectively gather statements from discord community managers and developers on the state of app sharing? I think asking the question “what do you think of oculus support staff stating app sharing was never intended for shared account to play with primary account at the same time” and they can comment on the current 3 week state of app sharing being blocked. Then we can send our statements to uploadVR or another news group. 

It’s a new week of no news, time to try something different. 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?