cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved Issue - App Sharing Not Able to Play Simultaneously

Tyler_Beck
Explorer

I keep getting error messages that I can’t play the same game on different oculus’s at once even though I am admin in both and it’s still not letting me. It worked 2 weeks ago but has no suddenly stopped working. I’m not going to be buying the game again on that device. I hope someone can contact me and tel me how to fix this app sharing issues because right now I can’t play with my family. 

648 REPLIES 648

I agree. This issue has not been resolved.  We need to put more pressure on oculus our voices must be heard 

Nate4429
Explorer

Still not working on mine either 🤨

Hi everyone. With App Sharing capable apps, the headset owner should be able to use the app on one headset while another user also accesses that same app on the owner’s second headset.

We have determined that the system which checks this authentication is being triggered in-error. We are testing a fix for this issue, and expect it to be ready by the end of the month. We apologize for any inconvenience

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Nate4429
Explorer

End of the month? Unacceptable…unless you meant last month when this issue popped up for most people. 

Is Meta going to allow refunds for duplicate licenses purchased to fix this while devs fix issue?

Thanks @MetaQuestSupport great news! Will gladly continue to throw money at you for multiplayer games when this is fixed. 🙂

Download.jpg

I do not think that will happen and you shouldn't count on that. 

I had this same issue as well, but I get it with paid apps and I don't agree considering the amount we already had to pay for the Oculus's and the games themselves (maybe if the second copy was half price maybe), but with free apps, this happens as well.  But here is my sticking point with all of this.  My child is under age so I cant create a Facebook account.  

So how then with two Oculus's can I play a game say like "Walkabout Golf" but I can't create two Facebook accounts in my name to then purchase another copy of the game just so that we can play that together.

This even occurs if we play the same game that is not able to be played together say in multiplayer mode or so but only one of us can play the game, never at the same time.

Thanks @MetaQuestSupport for this statement ( which I have read here for the third time ).
Citing Lewis Carroll's Hunting of the Snark it might so become an evident attitude 😄

Lewis Carroll wrote:“
’Tis the note of the Jubjub! Keep count, I entreat;
You will find I have told it you twice.
’Tis the song of the Jubjub! The proof is complete,
If only I’ve stated it thrice.

Can't await the end of the month. I would say it's "holding back the tears" but actually - until this sorted - it's more or less "holding back the cash" 😉

Agree. At least mark the latest response…. Even it’s not a solution.. yet