cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved Issue - App Sharing Not Able to Play Simultaneously

Tyler_Beck
Explorer

I keep getting error messages that I can’t play the same game on different oculus’s at once even though I am admin in both and it’s still not letting me. It worked 2 weeks ago but has no suddenly stopped working. I’m not going to be buying the game again on that device. I hope someone can contact me and tel me how to fix this app sharing issues because right now I can’t play with my family. 

648 REPLIES 648

FYI you can both play Walkabout if you turn app sharing off and use the primary account on both headsets.... but v39 fixed the issue for me.  I'd try turning off app sharing, restart the headset and then turn it back on again.  FYI... Drop Dead doesn't have the pop up for me but there is a separate issue where my daughter can't join me in the game. I haven't tried in a few days. 

K.J.32
Explorer

It’s working again!!! I wanted to let Oculus_ryans thank you for trying to keep the community up to date during this fiasco…I’m sure Oculus_ryans was getting bombarded with everybody’s complaints and wish he could fix it for us. I did a lot of complaining too, so I just wanted to post thank you for trying to get answers for us.

No solution to this app sharing issue yet?

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! Thanks for everyone reporting that they're now back in game on two devices! The issue which we identified in the system that checks for App Sharing authentication has been resolved with v.39 and I've gotten confirmation that it has been fully released. Everyone should now be able to update to that version if they haven't yet. If you still need it, just check for updates within settings to update.

The thread has been marked as Solved, and I'm going to remove the Known Issue label from topic too. Thanks again for your patience!

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

Has this been resolved yet?  

In short, If/when you update both headsets to the V39 update yes this SHOULD be fixed for you.

It has worked for me for the 3 apps I have tried it with (with my family). 

V.39 update resolved the issue for us.

SHARLZAR
Protege
I have two devices and they are both upgraded. We both still get the pop-up. There has been no change.  So frustrating. 

Issue fixed for us with v.39 update.

I have been following this since the beginning.  I never used app sharing because the family and I use same account on all the headsets I purchased.  Then of course we started getting the dreaded pop-up saying only one device can play.  All my devices are updated to 39 and nothing has changed.  Still the pop up on every game.  It's ridiculous and beyond false advertising.  Why in the world can one family not play the games they purchased with each other?????

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?