cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved Issue - App Sharing Not Able to Play Simultaneously

Tyler_Beck
Explorer

I keep getting error messages that I can’t play the same game on different oculus’s at once even though I am admin in both and it’s still not letting me. It worked 2 weeks ago but has no suddenly stopped working. I’m not going to be buying the game again on that device. I hope someone can contact me and tel me how to fix this app sharing issues because right now I can’t play with my family. 

648 REPLIES 648

Closing ticket is their KPI. They don’t really have clear communication and efficient information sharing. This is going circles. Support is hopeless because MANAGRMENT S message did not reach them. 

Yep, I don’t know why top company like META will allow such thing happens. Critical issue for more than 4 weeks? That’s a NO NO. 

Hello, please give us refund for any duplicate licenses that we are forced to purchase because of the issue on Oculus end. We expect this issues to be resolved in 1 day or 2 but it’s taking monthly and it’s not acceptable. Any update should be fully tested before it roll out, and users should have option to go back to previous version so issues occurs we can at least have our old working version back. Users experience has been destroyed because of this issue. We need more than just a solution now. We need refund for any duplicate license, and we need  the support team to have better communication with the management so we are not hearing different explanations from different people. Every action is representing METAs reputation and quality. This is a serious topic. Please don’t let us down. 

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! I've marked my post from several pages back as the solution so that folks can easily find it. On the forums in this case "solved" just means there's an official response with the latest status. When testing is done and the fix is getting shipped, I'll update you all here too.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

So will the fix for this be part of v39 or will we get it prior to the release of v39? 

Thanks Ryan. I've been reading this forum post for a couple of days now since I encountered this bug and finally have some hope with your update. 

100% agree, being able to share the DLC with the family share would be ideal. As we continue to support game developers, for games like Walkabout Mini Golf, we'd need this feature too since they have moved to DLC for future content releases.

gbeef
Honored Guest

Late to the party headsets just updated to v38 App sharing doesn’t work. You get a pop up message. I hope they fix this on update v39. ! 

I see that v39 appears to have been released yesterday:

https://support.oculus.com/release-notes/

With the impact caused when I upgraded to v38, I am hesitant to upgrade.  I don't see a mention of this problem in the release notes, curious if anyone has tested the problem described here?  Does it appear to fix this issue with app sharing within families?  Looking forward to continue playing with my kids if this is fixed!

Nincomkeeper
Explorer

Oculus has released v39 but there is no mention about fixing family sharing in the release notes: https://support.oculus.com/release-notes/

does anyone already have the update?