cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved Issue (V39/PTC) - No refresh rate options above 72Hz

undeny
Protege

Title says all, can't anything above 72hz using Link Cable or Air Link. Apparently this has been an issue since the beta rollout of v39 which is extremely disappointing to hear.

If anyone knows or finds a workaround for SteamVR@120hz I would love to hear out what you did, I spent 30 minutes doing everything imaginable thinking it was on my end until I went on the forums to check it out.

52 REPLIES 52

xpeng
Explorer

I have the same issue. The entire headset is stuck at 72hz and the adb command for booster fps also didn't work.

Pitoupi
Protege

Unfortunately, there's no fix before the next uptade v40. It touched some people. You cannot do nothing on it. Standalone and PC inclued.

Have you been able to put it up to 90hz? And what about log returns for the adb commands? I had it enabled at 120hz in experimental settings before the update.

It’s a known issue now, it’s actually a pretty major issue I doubt they don’t roll out a patch in V39 before V40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a Quest 2, 3 days ago. I had this bug immediately after the update. I subsequently returned the Quest 2 for a refund which is a shame.

EdwardNygma
Honored Guest

I unfortunately have the same issue. Airlink/VD all stuck at 72hz :-(. Tried pretty much everything.

Needs to be fixed

I wish there was a way to rollback firmware.

Staypuft
Honored Guest

Same issue here. The most frustrating thing is that even native apps are capped at 72hz. Hoping for a fix sooner rather than later. 

No, the refresh rate commands do not work at all for me. I didn't enable 120hz before the update because I only enable it when I play beat saber for saving power.

mehrrr
Honored Guest

I have the same issue since the update.

inovator2
Expert Protege

Wow I thought it was just me. I do feel better now that this will be fixed