cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved - Meta Quest App - Blank Screen on iOS 16.2+

clarkerz
Protege
After installing the Meta Quest app on my iPhone 13 Pro Max and pairing all was well and worked OK. After going back to the app on my iPhone the screen flashes briefly and then goes blank (light grey). The exact same happens on my iPad as well. If I uninstall both and and reinstall then it all works fine again, until I close the app and then try and re use later.

iPhone 13 Pro Max - Model MLLA3B/A - iOS Version - 16.1.2

iPad 2018 6th Gen - Model MR722B/A - iOS Version - 15.6.1

The video is not great but shows the issue. I cannot find anyone else having a similar issue anywhere.

A video of the issue 

94 REPLIES 94

This worked for me @LethalBacon1998 !! Thank you! I mean it’ll do for now at least! Just wish Meta would fix the issue that has obviously been around for years. Just rubbish behaviour from them lol. 

Same here. Saves having to reinstall every time but still needs fixing. Especially after handing over £400 for the quest 2. Expect the support to be there 

This helped. Thanks!

That works for me, thanks! It’s disappointing  that Meta Support haven’t put as much effort as you have in resolving this. Nothing back from my ticket I raised the week before last. I have raised an Amazon return for mine but will cancel now you’ve come up with this! Nice one.👍👍

The best you can do is quite  frankly unacceptable. You are operating a commercial enterprise which has legal obligations to your customers! The app which we have to use to manage the Content to operate the Quest 2 is not fit for purpose and needs to be addressed urgently! I raised a ticket 2 weeks ago with no follow up! Myself and clearly many of your other customers have the same issue and you have not addressed the root cause of the problem. These are my thoughts of your customer support and Meta in general. 

The airplane mode steps do not fix it for me (iPad mini 6th gen 16.1.1, app 193)

No work for me, bug report submitted

Go onto chrome. Search for a vr game. (Any should work) then select the top result and it should open it in the app without issue

sure it open to that app, and can do nothing else, but as soon as I hit the back arrow I’m back to the gray/blk “casting?” Screen.

Nikkorasu
Explorer

@MetaQuestSupport I've contacted your support group via WhatsApp and they talked with me for a bit, but now I haven't heard back from them.  From the looks of it, your app is defintely having issues.  When can we expect the app to be fixed?  

Another solution that worked for me is if you save an email on  your phone from Meta that has some info about your Meta account either a promo, advert or someone following you then if you click on it, it should open the app with no issues.

It's pretty poor that us Meta customers are having to come up with ways to use their products!