cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved) Meta Quest mobile app disables Oculus Go. Setup stucks at "Health and Safety".

taco.grande.2022
Explorer

Update March 27th: The build 260 is available.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/meta-quest/id1366478176

-----------

Update March 25th: Meta Store support told me that the latest mobile app Version 259 was released with a fix to resolve the issues described in this thread. So, the resolution was given officially. Thank you Meta for the fix, and thanks everyone in this thread as your voices indicated how this issue was significant. 😄

----------

During setup of Oculus Go by Meta Quest for iOS Version 257.0.0.9.106, I could not play "Health and safety" video, although I pressed "Watch Video" button. As a result, I cannot complete setup my Oculus Go. How do I proceed with the next steps? I also tried the setup by Meta Quest for Android, but the symptom is all the same.  Version 258.0.0.9.109 released on Marth 13th also show the same symptoms. Still the setup fails and the headset becomes useless.

IMG_7276.jpeg

I can click "Continue" button. But all the three links are inactive.  

IMG_7277.jpg

As the video never starts, I cannot complete the setup. My headset becomes a photoviewer of single image prompting me to grab smartphone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Please factory reset and try again. I just tried it. Someone at meta is a kind soul. Cheers.

View solution in original post

100 REPLIES 100

I am setting up my oculus go and it won’t let me play the video on the set up on my meta quest app 

I did a factory reset of my Oculus Go. 

Going through setup on the Android App it gets stuck on Health and Safety video and I can't click and watch the video or get past it. 

Same issue but on iPhone.

olllo
Honored Guest

Starting to think there are no devs working at meta anymore.

Same issue but on iPhone. Have you figured out the fix yet? I can’t do ANYTHING else!

Same issue. I could confirmed the symptom both on iPhone and Android.

Same issue. Tried on both iPhone and Android. Frustrating thing, headset connected and functioning, just waiting for setup finish from phone. ARGGGGG.

Same problem. Anybody contact Oculus help directly ? I  can't find any live help

amerbs
Protege

Same problem here since yesterday.  

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?