cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved - Quest 2 Passthrough on left eye turns black

Sobbyyy
Explorer

My headset is a Quest 2 and every time I turn it on, the passthrough cameras show everything while setting up the boundary. The problem starts after starting a VR app or game. After you quit, only the right camera stays on. 

Here's a video showcasing the problem.

https://streamable.com/mn189y 

89 REPLIES 89

maxim.oldman
Honored Guest

I have the same behavior on v59 firmware. I thought it was a hardware error, but now I'm not sure.

gilles.desplanques
Honored Guest

Same problem here !

tim.showers.3
Explorer

Finally, it works again 

SquaredX
Honored Guest

I’m also having the same issue with my Quest 2. Sometime is glitches out further and I lose the camera feed for both eyes.

DutchTrickle
Honored Guest

I have the exact same issue. Rebooting fixes it for a very short while. When the boundary is static it works ok. But as soon as i go roomscale the left camera turns off.

ItzJames57
Honored Guest

Same issue here too. Noticed it after my Quest 2 updated to v59.

Exactly the same as me. when I turn on the headset and it prompts me to confirm the boundary, it shows me everything and after I click continue, it still works, until you open a VR game/app. 

mtb.junkie
Honored Guest

Just adding my two cents. Exact same issue after last update. Let's hope it gets fixed in a future software update.

WafuCocksy
Honored Guest

same here - only noticed it today, but haven't played on my Quest 2 for a while.

tim.showers.3
Explorer

dang it happened again

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?