cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved) Quest 2 keeps rebooting after a certain amount of time, even when It's off.

So, my quest keeps restarting when I'm just playing the game, and even when it's off. It sends me back to the meta logo, then goes back to working for some time, and then it once again restarts. It's really annoying because 1. My quest keeps rumbling and making sound while I try to sleep, and 2. If I'm invested into a game, it could just kick me out. I'm trying not to factory reset, but if it's the only option, I'm willing to.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update: I decided to factory reset, and it ended up fixing everything. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @salt_TheSillyGoober! We understand that having your Quest 2 device restart while you are playing is not ideal. This is not something we want our users to have to deal with. We understand how this could be troubling. We want to get this problem solved as soon as possible in order for you to get back to playing your quest the way it is intended to be played. We want to try some steps to try to avoid you having to do a factory reset. Could you follow the steps below in order to get you back to playing your Quest 2 device:

• If the eyeglass spacer is in use: confirm it is seated correctly and not blocking the proximity sensor

• Verify the facial interface is seated correctly and not blocking the proximity sensor
    • If you are using an unsupported third-party facial interface, remove it

• Ensure nothing is getting inside the headset under the facial interface such as hair

We know that doing a factory rest can be a bit daunting but we want to let you know that there are options in order to protect your data click here to learn more about Meta cloud backup. 

We hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We just wanted to follow up and see if you are still having issues with your quest device?  We look forward to hearing from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey, I don't think it's an issue with the sensor, because it doesn't make the usual sound that the auto shutoff does, it just cuts to the meta logo.

Hey @salt_TheSillyGoober, so we are going to try a few more steps. If you can just follow the steps, this will help us better in determining how to assist you.

• When did this start occurring?
  • Has the device been physically damaged? (dropper, liquid spilled, etc.)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
  • Does the LED light on the device turn on? If so, is it solid or blinking?
  • Do you have a strong wifi connection to your headset?

Also, if you are still worried that your games and saves will be gone after a factory reset, This won't be the case if you have cloud backup up and running. Here is the link to how to get it set up. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the provided details! 

Hey.

This started occuring a couple months ago.

I don't believe it got hit by the sun, liquid, or physical damage.

I tried updating, freeing up storage, restarting, and turning off things like auto sleep.

The led still works as normal.

My wifi is on max bars.

A problem I noticed is that it usually occurs really fast when I open an app, but I can play for a while if I stay in my virtual environment.

Thanks.

Update: I decided to factory reset, and it ended up fixing everything. Thanks for the help.

So glad we were able to get this fixed for you and now you're able to get back to the amazing VR experience. If you ever have any other questions or concerns please shoot us a message. We will be more than happy to help you out!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?