cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] - Quest 3 Elite Strap with Battery only connects for a few seconds

jdd1.2023
Honored Guest

Is anyone working on the Quest 3 elite battery issue?  It charges but won’t connect to the headset for more than a few seconds, meaning you cannot charge through the back port.

837 REPLIES 837

The holding down the button on the strap for >12 sec did the trick for me so far!

I was too quick, didn't helped at all, went away after a few seconds again, PLEASE FIX THIS!

You need to contact meta and get a replacement.  If it could be fixed with a patch, I'm almost certain it would have been done by now.

The fact they're not even asking for the busted units to be returned tells you everything you need to know.

@newguy75.2023 wrote:

You need to contact meta and get a replacement.  If it could be fixed with a patch, I'm almost certain it would have been done by now.

The fact they're not even asking for the busted units to be returned tells you everything you need to know.

Ya, I don't really know for sure but it seems to me like some Elite battery strap batteries are under-spec for the Q3.  Maybe some suppliers used older Q2 elite battery strap batteries.  Who knows?  Again, so far, after 2 weeks of pretty heavy use, mine seems to be working fine, touch wood, tapping my head, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

No, it's not that - I have a Q2 and tried it on there just to see, was displaying the same symptoms.

My Q3 strap is fully charged up and I'm just going to cycle-charge it a few times to get it to 'break' if I can and if it does, I'll be returning everything to Amazon and I'll buy again when they've figured out why things are breaking.

I'm going to print my old elite strap serial number here, if people want to, take a cut of it and post yours (in a list) underneath it.  Maybe we can figure out if we have a pattern here?  It's on the right arm of the strap, looking at it from behind.

[redacted]

Hey, I did just that and a replacement is on its way!
There was probably indeed something wrong with the first/some units, it's very unfortunate but those things can happen. I'm honestly very happy with Meta support and the way they handled this for me!
Kudos to them for handling this issue!

I'm just wondering if they've identified where the bad batch is, so that they aren't sending you another faulty headset 🤔

This is why I'm suggesting (see above) we post our serial numbers in a list to see if there is a pattern

They asked for all the details, also the serial number of my elite strap,
I'm indeed hoping they are doing something with that information other than confirming that it's a legit request.
I honestly think so because they've asked me quite a lot of questions on how and when the issue occurred.
I won't post my SN on a public forum until I got my replacement in, but it seems to be all the same as yours up to the last 5 characters : 2V5SQ0B F7XXXXX

Why are you worried - essentially it's a broken battery with a USB cable attached to it that they don't want back?

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?