cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] - Quest 3 Elite Strap with Battery only connects for a few seconds

jdd1.2023
Honored Guest

Is anyone working on the Quest 3 elite battery issue?  It charges but won’t connect to the headset for more than a few seconds, meaning you cannot charge through the back port.

837 REPLIES 837

I would say return it and wait for official response/update and then repurchase. Replacement doesn't guarantee you won't have the issue again. Multiple people report it happened on replacement units too so who knows.

Can’t return it.

Based on the reports here it sounds like there is some general flakiness that needs to be resolved with a firmware update, but there also appears to be some genuinely bad units as well. So contacting support as noted by Meta is probably the best way to figure out what you need to do.

Interesting. I was told by support last time the strap isn’t covered under a warranty.

xrm550
Expert Protege

Your Elite Strap comes with a one year warranty. 

MostWantedAdi
Explorer

My strong believe is that there is no issue with the battery but instead with the headset (hw or sw issue). My brand new Samsung 25W 10000mah battery does the same with this headset. Usually if I leave the headset on the couch and resume playing, I might have to reconnect the cable to resume charging.

I agree that there is an issue with the headset firmware resulting in external battery flakiness

but i also see posts where the external battery does not work at all no matter what troubleshooting is tried, and in those cases the battery is probably legit defective

Coolerkid305
Honored Guest

Yes, but this isn't only the elite battery, any 3rd party head strap or even battery pack has the same issue. Mine was working fine for the first week or so, then stopped working all of a sudden. I can only charge it with a wall charger, no batteries work to charge it. I thought it may have been an update to the OS that broke it, but there have been no updates installed since I bought it. 

Raging_Beard
Protege

I have the ZyberVR neck power bank, and while it does play the sound of reconnecting a battery now and then, it does keep charging so far. Obviously something is off as it should never make connect/disconnect sound while plugged in, but at least it continues to work (so far).

MrBeats_6000
Protege

Just got update v59, time to retest the “faulty” elite strap and see if anything has changed

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?