cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] - Quest 3 Elite Strap with Battery only connects for a few seconds

jdd1.2023
Honored Guest

Is anyone working on the Quest 3 elite battery issue?  It charges but won’t connect to the headset for more than a few seconds, meaning you cannot charge through the back port.

837 REPLIES 837

BarrakudaBCN
Explorer

By the time quest 4 comes out we will have a solution.

Weirdly all uk stores have none available now, maybe they’ve been asked to withdraw, I have another on the way but my expectations of it working as it should is as high as a gnats knacker, we’ll soon see

Nice find. So, if it’s firmware, why can’t they fix the ones already out there?

My educated guess is that the firmware bricks the battery pack because it won't stay connected long enough to get the new update that would actually fix it.

Yes, that does sound plausible.

"Meta told the publication it plans to replace the headsets on a case-by-case basis for buyers who contact customer support."

Replace the headset?

WarpedTrekker
Expert Protege

I saw that sales were paused and Meta working to fix elite battery straps. My Elite battery strap sometimes is not detected and I have to unplug and plug it back into the Quest 3. How do I get a replacement?

Also it discharges in standby mode even when the headset battery is at 100%.

Also I think Meta should consider installing a larger capacity battery while they rework and fix the issues. Because it is half the capacity of the Q2 strap and other third party straps are offering up to 8000mah or more now. Don't be cheap Meta! Especially for the money you charge for it. An elite strap should have a larger capacity battery then what is included. 

Raging_Beard
Protege

My replacement from Meta worked fine for about 2 weeks but has now suffered the same fate and only connects for a couple of seconds 😞

Tbh I’m expecting the same with my replacement, as I doubt it’ll be any newer version they’re sending. If not that too will be going back 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?