cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] - Quest 3 Elite Strap with Battery only connects for a few seconds

jdd1.2023
Honored Guest

Is anyone working on the Quest 3 elite battery issue?  It charges but won’t connect to the headset for more than a few seconds, meaning you cannot charge through the back port.

837 REPLIES 837

As long as they have some proof of purchase you should be ok, I sent the photo of the strap too as I couldn’t read it either 

xxSWAN2023xx
Explorer

Anyone got their replacement yet? And if so how is it holding up?

I finally got my replacement battery strap yesterday. After an hour or two of use, the headset was no longer recognizing it. I unplugged it and replugged it. It still wasn’t detected. I held down the button 15 seconds to reset the battery strap and it was detected again. I’ll see how long that lasts, but it doesn’t fill me with confidence. . 

Not a new one then. Wonder why they still send out the older builds

It appears to be be a new one sealed in regular retail packaging. When I sent in the old one for replacement they told me to keep the box because they would just be sending the battery strap alone without the box. Since they now said the delay was caused by waiting for new stock and since it was in new packaging, I don’t think it was a reconditioned unit.  

this is not a good sign!!

>They want a number that starts with 2G0YC. There is no such number on my strap. 

this serial number is located on the inside face of the right side of the strap (the one with the earphone plug hole not USB c cutout) it is directly next to a grey QR code and 2 lines long, to even see it you have to disconnect that side of the strap from the headset as its normally covered or sandwiched inside by the blank arm of the Quest 3 itself where the right earphone is. 

Gnoshious
Honored Guest

Well I tried yesterday morning. I used the whatsapp function and was told that an agent would get assigned as soon as possible almost 24 hours now and still nothing from Meta support. I've now tried the email option. Really not happy with the lack of support. If it's a known issue, why wait for us to contact you. 

same here

My new one (new batch I’m told) has just shipped to arrive Friday here in the UK. Will let everyone know if I can see or tell a difference 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?