cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] - Quest 3 Elite Strap with Battery only connects for a few seconds

jdd1.2023
Honored Guest

Is anyone working on the Quest 3 elite battery issue?  It charges but won’t connect to the headset for more than a few seconds, meaning you cannot charge through the back port.

837 REPLIES 837

Yeah all adds up to faulty elite battery port as expected still. These comments saying new fixed units are failing still isn’t currently true so not sure where this talk is coming from so far. 

Is there a way to tell how old your battery is? I bought mine from Meta direct at the start of Dec. not sure if they reviewed their stock or if they’re just waiting for failures to replace…

If you still have the box, it has a manufacture date on it. 

The one I received from Amazon in early November was manufactured 2023/08.

2023/07 for me

richa138
Explorer

Yes,  I have replaced the Elite strap with battery for my Meta 3 three separate times, I'm currently on my 4th set.  I got the first one back in October of 2023 and as of yesterday the 4th Elite Strap With Battery Is FAILING AGAIN!!!!!!!.  It works great for the first couple weeks then it will only connect to the head set for 3 seconds.  I never had this issue with my Meta 2 and Elite strap combo.  WTF META??

@richa138  When was your last Elite Strap with battery manufactured? 

My seconde strap with battery (sent directrly by Meta support) failed after a few weeks. Support was very reactive this second time as well even if I contacted them on December 30: I got their message with questions on the 31st!

xxSWAN2023xx
Explorer

December 23, was my new one, and fingers crossed it’s been stable so far but it’s still early days 

The Manufacture Date is 09/2023.  The one before that that was 8/2023.  I don't have the ones prior to those, sorry.  I sent a complaint into meta on 12/31.  I have not received a response yet.  I think they are trying to figure out how to respond to the issue.  It must have gotten out of control.  My guess is the the lithium was built on the fringe of acceptable power output levels and after a few charges it drops below and acceptable detectable level voltage output level  which is causing the headset communication issue. 

SWAN,   Let me know if it lasts more than 2 weeks.  If you use the headset a lot (more than 3 hrs per day) let me know if it lasts more than a week before dropping out.  Thank you in advance. Richa138

All batches before 12/2023 will fail at some point with a fairly high probability. A new unit manufactured in 12/2023 has a corrected software in the IC circuit. Seems to be working ok so far.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?