cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] - Quest 3 Elite Strap with Battery only connects for a few seconds

jdd1.2023
Honored Guest

Is anyone working on the Quest 3 elite battery issue?  It charges but won’t connect to the headset for more than a few seconds, meaning you cannot charge through the back port.

837 REPLIES 837

No not gone silent, just nothing to report, my third strap is now finally on its way, and when arrived its going strait for sale. Im not hooking up the **bleep** battery strap thing again to my third Quest 3 and brake it again both the strap and headset. 

My third headset is working good now for a couple of weeks. No issues, bought the new KIWI elite strap with battery and its charging base, and they work exactly like you want. First strap empty itself after a full 2 hours of playtime, and then the battery of the headset start to gets used. 

Charging work every time, without any hickupss. 

I really can advise the new KIWI headset and charging base/stand. Not to expensive, really comfy and good battery in the strap, powerfull enough to keep Quest 3 full while playing, and no buzzing sounds. The stand charges the Quest and strap simultaneously, it does take a while (+3 hours), but after a full 4 hours playtime, that's OK for me. 

WesleyHester
Protege

I never got a replacement strap and still have my 1st one - just have to babysit it a little.

I did get another one once they started selling them again after the pause and it works great like it's suppose to.

The only issue I personally have with the Quest battery straps is with their tiny capacity compared to the Quest 3's need for power.

I'm going to be trying the upcoming BOBOVR S3 PRO with a 10,000 mAh battery.  Only wish it was twice the capacity for the Quest 3 but at least its battery can be easily be swapped out with a second one.

MrBeats_6000
Protege

nothing new to report. on 6th replacement and the third 12/23 strap. no fix in sight.

Must be another reason with that many. Headset replacement

works fine with bobo strap. the elite strap connects and disconnects on other devices too. not the headset.

Thanks, yeah, that's what I'm doing. Now I'm on email #8 of the back-and-forth we have to go through when dealing with Meta support. No matter how much detail you give in your first message, including troubleshooting steps already taken, serial numbers, photos, etc., you still have to play 20 questions while trying to persuade them that they need to replace a faulty piece of hardware.

My favorite is when they insist you provide your original invoice from purchase, and then their email servers bounce your reply because it had a pdf attached.

They could really learn a thing or two about customer service from Amazon. 😐

@SwirlyMaple wrote:

Thanks, yeah, that's what I'm doing. Now I'm on email #8 of the back-and-forth we have to go through when dealing with Meta support. No matter how much detail you give in your first message, including troubleshooting steps already taken, serial numbers, photos, etc., you still have to play 20 questions while trying to persuade them that they need to replace a faulty piece of hardware.

My favorite is when they insist you provide your original invoice from purchase, and then their email servers bounce your reply because it had a pdf attached.

They could really learn a thing or two about customer service from Amazon. 😐

I guess everyone's meta support experience may be different but I didn't have any problems last month getting a free replacement Q3 Elite battery strap, all within 2x e-mail responses, and providing the usual info they asked for.  I received my new strap within about 4-5 days and it's been working very well.  Also, I didn't even need to send back my original battery strap.  So, I'm very happy with all this.  Sorry to hear your experience hasn't been as good mate. 

Just for info; my original preordered battery strap box said manufacture date was 2023/7 (Aug/2023) and my replacement strap box says 2023/12 (Dec/2023).  So, def. a new/better batch imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Glad to hear your experience was different, but I just had to send them my serial number for the third time, to the 4th customer service rep taking over the ticket. It’s like they don’t even read any of the prior replies to find info already provided. I'm not sure the CSRs are even human rather than AI chatbots. The inefficiency and runaround is pretty frustrating.

I'm just curious, what kind of charger are you using to charge? Customer service said that the original charger should be used. This shouldn't matter because it's the USB-C standard, but what if it's not completely true?

In the beginning I used a 30W Apple charger and the Elite strap broke within a month. Now I use the included 18W charger with the new Elite Strap. Worked so far (already a month).

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?