cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] - Quest 3 Elite Strap with Battery only connects for a few seconds

jdd1.2023
Honored Guest

Is anyone working on the Quest 3 elite battery issue?  It charges but won’t connect to the headset for more than a few seconds, meaning you cannot charge through the back port.

837 REPLIES 837

Since you're already here. Can you pass the WiFi 6E (6GHZ) connectivity issue? I see more and more people (me included) unable to make Quest 3 detect/connect to the 6GHz network no matter what settings we use. This used to be a problem with Quest Pro before untill v57. Now it's a problem with Quest 3. Personally I am unable to play using other than 6GHz wifi due to congestion in my area so 6GHz is my only choice. So is the case for many other people who want to play wirelessly through VD with the newest AV1 codec. Can you aknowledge the issue and pass it to the dev team? 

This is something I've definitely seen asked about plenty of times and that they're looking into currently. If anything, I would recommend making a different post since this issue isn't related to that one at all. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

Mine wont even recognize the elite strap at all. The elite strap doesn't seem to charge either. amber LED will turn on for a few seconds, then nothing. Plug it into my quest and get no charge.

I have also the problem with the elite strap. The System version is 49698210077900510. 

Thanks for reaching out! System version should be somewhere around 57+

Along with that, could you answer the other questions in my comment by any chance?

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

Well, good luck raising it with @meta Support, they don’t seem to respond to support tickets now! 

andreas1985.2023
Explorer

There are 3 numerbs. The Sytemversion. This ist the numer i wrote you. Then there is a number called Version. The number is 5700297669526537896.. And a third number called Runtime-Version. This number is 5700295669526236543. I'm not using PTC. 

I’m also having this issue, ordered the strap through meta, and am now going through the customer service hell to get a refund. Still nothing from meta about this issue. We don’t even know if it’s hardware or software related…So frustrating..

Gillgamesh
Explorer

I'm having the same issue

Not using PTC

It’s an absolute joke mate! I’m going through the same issues. Raised 2 support tickets and still waiting for someone to come back to me. It seems Meta have adopted the Facebook customer service ethos of make it so **bleep** difficult to speak to anyone you give up! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?