cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] - Quest 3 Elite Strap with Battery only connects for a few seconds

jdd1.2023
Honored Guest

Is anyone working on the Quest 3 elite battery issue?  It charges but won’t connect to the headset for more than a few seconds, meaning you cannot charge through the back port.

837 REPLIES 837

Same issue.  Connects, shows extended battery connected, shows both in % then that goes away within a second or two.  Did not charge through to the headset when plugged into the strap battery.  Nothing loose feeling on the usb connection, both headset/battery charged to 100% (separately) and showing green lights.

1.  Not using PTC

2. 5700297669526537896

3.  Nothing so far

I am also having this exact same issue. Meta Quest 3 does not recognize the Quest 3 Elite Strap with Battery. I plug in the USB-C cable and I see an on-screen notification that I have an extended battery, and the percentage increases for a moment and then drops back to headset only. This is 100% repeatable and occurs every time I plug the strap USB-C cable in. Basically, the battery in the elite strap is non-functional at this point.

Monitoring this thread.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@jdd1.2023 wrote:

Is anyone working on the Quest 3 elite battery issue?  It charges but won’t connect to the headset for more than a few seconds, meaning you cannot charge through the back port.

My Q3 Elite battery strap is working and charging fine.  I've been using the supplied Q3 18w charger/cable with the elite battery connected to the headset and it all charges up both the strap battery and headset battery fine.

When connected it shows up on my quick settings menu.  Hovering over this shows the charge levels of each battery.  With both initially at 100%, the strap battery is used first, maintaining the headset battery at 100% until the strap battery shows 0% (and then overall shows 50%).

I'm not sure why some are having problems with this.  The only tip I can offer that seems to work well for me is to fully power down the headset (with strap battery connected) and wait for the white light to turn off before plugging in the charger to the back strap usb-c port.  Doing this, the orange light comes on, and eventually turns green.  I usually see this takes about 2 hours to fully charge.

If you are still having problems, contact meta support I guess. 

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

1. Not on PTC

2. 57.0.0.297.669.526537896

3. Nothing works

Thanks!

What is your software version?

@oTalus wrote:

What is your software version?

The current software version for my Q3 is 57.0.0.297.669

Looks like it's the same as yours.  Also, there isn't any PTC with the Q3 yet, nor is it planned for the upcoming v59 update, so say the mods.

Another thing to check is that your charger is properly connected to your power plug.  Maybe test it with another device or external battery.  I initially found one of my power points was not making good contact and this was why it didn't initially seem to charge. 

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Thank you so much for replying!

My elite strap with battery LED light is showing green and my Quest 3 headset charges fine with the exact same cable and outlet.

I initially thought it was firmware/software but now I’m thinking hardware…

Guess we have to wait for support to investigate.

Jdevlin-
Explorer

Yes I have had 2 strap that did this. I keep returning them to Best Buy and getting a new one. They worked for a couple days then stop 

Foxman2k
Explorer

Yep, same issue here. I also can’t get the quest 3 to stay connected to the PC to transfer some movies. Keeps disappearing. 

so wondering if this is perhaps a USB port issue?

Can you try transferring files to it when hooked up to a pc? Could help to support if it’s more of a usb port issue vs the head strap 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?