cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] - Quest 3 Elite Strap with Battery only connects for a few seconds

jdd1.2023
Honored Guest

Is anyone working on the Quest 3 elite battery issue?  It charges but won’t connect to the headset for more than a few seconds, meaning you cannot charge through the back port.

837 REPLIES 837

stock 18w 

SwirlyMaple
Expert Protege

I’ve only ever used the stock Oculus charger with mine, FWIW. Failed after a month of otherwise flawless use.

Still no resolution from Oculus support on mine. Last email I got was asking for the serial number that I’d already provided twice; no response for a day and a half now.

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey guys! Since this thread has gotten a lot of posts in the past few months, I will be locking it. If you're still having trouble with your Quest 3 Elite Strap with Battery, I recommend making a comment on this new thread so that support can better track any new issues that you may be experiencing. I also recommend @ing @MetaQuestSupport or sending them a private message so that you can be assisted with any troubles you may have. 

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

same experience. Support abysmal. 

Hey @SwirlyMaple! We wouldn't want our customers having anything less than a stellar VR experience. We'd like to look into your support interaction to check if everything's in order. Please send us a private message. To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We hope to hear back from you as soon as possible.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Mine [pre-order] worked for only two days.  =(

Was told they couldn't help me with it, but was hoping for some sort of mass recall program...

~ Beside You In Time ~

Hi there, @LeftStep. We understand how this can affect your time in the wonderful world of VR, and we want to help get that time back again! We would love to get the chance to look further into this and gather some personal information from you. In order for us to do this, we ask that you send us a PM. To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We can't wait to hear from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I'm experiencing the same issue

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?