cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved - Quest Airlink lags and stutters after V54 update.

v1rtualv0id
Explorer

Been using Quest pro with airlink for 4 months now without any issues whatsoever.

After the headset was updated to V54 I'm having headset lag/connection issues on airlink.

Screen is stuttery at times when moving in my playspace or moving my head, the image gets laggy, choppy and black frames appear on the side of the screen oposite to where I'm moving my head.

Image quality has degraded significantly with lots of "artifacts".

This makes casual games like VR chat hard to play due to constant lag and stutter, games like Beat Saber are impossible to play.

I havent changed a single thing in my playspace nor my setup, router config is the same as when it was working, PC is the same, no update has been applied to any of this. 

Any advice would be much appreciated as Im lost on what to do.

Just in case

Specs 

CPU I9 12900k

32GB Ram

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3080TI

Router: TP-link AX1500 Wifi 6 dedicated just to the headset.

469 REPLIES 469

I play my Quest 2 for streaming as well, so I’m a part of this group. I also believe in everyone’s right to say whatever they want. I also just think your comment was stupid. The whole mentality of “Meta is screwing me over personally” isn’t gonna fix anything bud 

Oh I totally agree, about the number 1 rule ... Be respectful ... but there is the rub ... currently we feel like we are not being respected by Meta. Not too mention the constant patronizing tone used by the Mods on this forum. That goes both ways.

I understand the Mods are not personally responsible for the updates, you are, however, the point of contact for us. 

I don't even think we are not being respected by the mods of the forum or anything, i'm just annoyed when I see that in the eyes of META the bug is fixed and it's now a whole new bug that has nothing to do with the other, my bug is litteraly word by word what is described on the first page of this thread.

Nothing different, it happened at the same time, the same thing is happening, and it was not fixed.

I don't mind talking about this on another thread but then we need to make exactly the same one with an updated title, posting on a thread for a bug that has nothing to do with what we experience doesn't feel very smart if we want to give visiblity to that issue that is, honestly, a very big problem.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal if we could rollback on older updates, but we can't, so we are unable to use the product we paid for the way we were supposed to be able to use it. Like sure, I can play with a cable trying to strangle me to death everytime I turn around, but it's not exactly the experience I paid for.

ThyRuinedKing
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Guys, we're aware that this issue isn't necessarily resolved and that many users are still having this problem. We see your replies to this thread and understand your frustration. Many of us are long-time Quest users and are dealing with the same problem with our personal headsets. If you see the previous Mod's reply, they never said it's fixed, rather it should be fixed. Some users are still experiencing this issue, we understand.

@TheAntiSocializer wrote:

...note that the issue with v54 should be resolved now/with the v55 update. 

If you're on v55 and still continue to experience issues, I recommend continuing through this thread here. This way we can distinguish v54 and v55...

Support Moderators are not engineering, we have literally no information to share until the engineers give us a heads-up. All that we're being asked to do, and @TheAntiSocializer tried to address in the quote above, is make a v55 thread. Some started experiencing this on v54 and others on v55 and we want to split the thread, this way our engineers have a better way of distinguishing who's having what issue, when it started, and they can work to solve this much faster.

Again, I understand the frustration. I would love nothing more than to carry my team on Breachers, but until this is resolved all we can do is wait. I'm not saying to hold back your frustration, this is a platform where you can share your thoughts. Just keep in mind Support is doing what we can and we're solely here to help you.

Thank you guys for your patience and understanding! image.png

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

P.S., I can beat you at One Piece TCG and Tekken

I respectfully disagree, i don't think its stupid, the way i see it, the more we express our frustration, the better they understand our situation, and therefore urges them to resolve this issue, bud.

why do you feel the need to start educating people instead of sticking to the point of this thread, which is the loss of core functionality of the Quest since v54? Dont tell other people their comment is "stupid" or how they should feel. No one asked you for your 2 cents nor is it the subject of this thread.

Complaining over problems is literally the only way for them to be solved. and since it's been way over a month with 2 versions and multiple hotfixes, being frustrated is really understandable at this point. Doesnt matter if you are a Q Pro owner for 1500$ or Q2 owner for 300$. You paid for something which is now borked due to software updates.

Do you have 2 phones on the off chance that your daily phone will stop working after an update? of course not, thats plain dumb. you will just buy a phone that will work.

Same thing here, i feel like we are put into a situation where we have to own either 1 expensive device (Valve, Big Screen etc) or 2 cheap devices (Quest & Pico) and switch between them just to keep using applications that we have purchased over the years and are limited to VR.

the problem with the updates is not only about losing functionality, but limiting me from accessing content that i paid for!

Meta needs to fix the process.

1. Allow customers to choose when to update their device as iOS/Android does.

2. If #1 is not technically feasible, institute a process of rolling back to the previous version via your own forced update. For example, the v54 deployment group should have been rolled back to v53 the moment the issue came up.

3. At the very least, have a process to stop the rollout to the rest of the customers. There seems to already be a phased deployment system. It should be used for its intended purpose - to reduce the blast radius when something breaks.

4. If PTU users report that a fundamental feature is broken, block the rollout. Even if it's suspected and not confirmed. Investigate it. Don't immediately write it off as a user error. Implement an Andon Cord process (google it if you're not familiar).

5. Every software update should be >= (better than or equal) to the previous version in terms of quality. Prioritize quality over quantity. Don't let the software become bloated with unnecessary features.

6. Don't use the same process and culture that you use for your free services (eg facebook.com, Threads, Instagram). Meta Quest users are paying customers. "Move fast and break things" should not be the core value of Meta Quest team.

That's my 2 cents based on 25 years in the software industry.

PanDamien
Protege

I just saw a tweet about V56 being on PTC. Has anyone been able to try and see if it’s better ?

https://twitter.com/sadlyitsbradley/status/1678836728918843392?s=46&t=11iICibhdU1Dv8OoU8pmUg

I got v56 ptc. The bug is still there for me. It lasts 1 or 2 seconds shorter though, but... its still there.

Jesus... road to v57 then...

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?