cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift CV1 Hands stuck. Please help

SHEVA171717
Honored Guest

Hello Oculus experts,

After trying everything I could, after looking at every forum I could find etc., i couldn’t solve it by myself...
For months I keep trying but things only work for minutes at a time. I opened a ticket, sent log files they requested (using OculusLogGatherer) etc. etc. Meta support people didn't find anything wrong in the log files and didn't manage to help me. So this is last resort basically.

I have the Oculus RIFT CV1 for over 5 years and I love it. But recently, something happened. Everything used to work great, I could play for hours without a problem. The sensors were not moved, and at some point (maybe an update? I don't really know), something stopped working.

When I start a game, or even just the Oculus app or the Oculus FIRST CONTACT, everything is fine for the first 1-10 minutes (it’s random) and suddenly the hands are stuck in the middle of the screen and I can only move them from the wrist - they won’t move up/down or right/left. .

What I tried:
1. Repair Oculus in Windows settings.
2. Completely uninstall Oculus, restart. Reinstall Oculus. Restart.
3. Set up everything from the start (play area etc.)
4. changing batteries.
5. Unplugged the headset cable (from both PC and headset) for a long time
6. Made sure the headset and sensors are connected to a USB 3 ports.

Can you please please please help me out here?

Thank you!
She-Ra

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SHEVA171717! We know how hard it is to play VR with controllers that don't work properly. We'd love to help so you can get back to playing all your fun games! We appreciate all the information you've provided to us! We have a few questions to ask before we move forward. Please provide the following:

• Is there any damage done to the controller? (Dents, cracks, liquid damage)
  • Have you tried cleaning the joystick? To ensure no dirt is stuck inside, causing the stick not to move up and down.
  • Have you recalibrated your controller joystick range and dead zone? If not, please let us know if this helps!

We look forward to hearing back from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SHEVA171717! We wanted to check back in and see if you still needed some help fixing your controllers. We'd be more than happy to lend a hand. Please respond back providing the information we asked for in our precious message! We'll be patiently waiting for your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

SHEVA171717
Honored Guest

Thank you for your reply @MetaQuestSupport 

The controller are in mint condition. I take a very good care of them. No scratches, dents, cracks, liquid damage or any other damage.

The long cable that some bends, but the VIDEO looks fine, the Audio is fine, the head movement is fine, so I don't think its related to the hand controllers.

The joysticks move just fine. When I start the Oculus app, everything works fine. Then, when I start a game (or even FIRST CONTACT), everything is fine for the first 1-10 minutes (it’s random) and suddenly the hands are stuck in the middle of the screen and I can only move them from the wrist - they won’t move up/down or right/left. The joystick is responsive - the hands move 360 from the wrist but the stay in 0,0.

I re-calibrated, re-set the play area etc. Didn't work.

Any other suggestions - before I format everything, reinstall Windows etc. - will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

She-Ra

Hi again, @SHEVA171717. Thank you for sharing that update with us. We certainly do appreciate it. We have exhausted all of our troubleshooting methods for this issue, just shy of looking into replacement options. With that being said, we hope that reinstalling everything is successful for you. Please keep us updated on your progress, and let us know if you have any further questions. If you still experience the issue, please reach out to us again, and we can move forward accordingly. 

Hi there, we wanted to follow up with you to see if you still need help with your Rift S controllers. Let us know; we are here to help!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?