cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift DK2 working but not recognized as a display (so not extended mode option)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am working on my master's thesis project and have just set up my DK2. I am using runtime 0.8 and the demo & tracking work fine. However my computer is not recognizing the rift as a display (it is plugged in via HDMI). I believe this means that everything not made to display directly to the HMD does not work, as the light just stays orange, and the rift does not "turn on" when I run demos like rift coaster hd. 

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to try? I am running windows 10 x64 with a geforce 750ti, 3.4 ghz i5-3570k, and 8gb of ram. 
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
The DK2 is only designed to display an image while running a compatible VR application. It will remain off otherwise, and this in intentional. You are probably trying old, unsupported content. See here:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/25898/runtime-0-7-supported-games-and-demos/p1
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
But I should still be able to manually put the DK2 in extended mode correct?

cybereality
Grand Champion
No. Extended Mode was removed since Runtime 0.7.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV