cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Nvidia RTX 3060 Windows 11 not working

calamaster
Explorer

I am quite amazed that from what I have read that a Rift S will not work on Windows 11....!!!

These VR Headsets are not cheap, chuck away bits of kit when they 'die' because the manufactuer cannot keep up with updates.

My last Alienware Gaming Win10 Laptop was great with Rift S, but motherboard fried. My New Dell G15 i7 RTX 3060 is fab until I tried to plug in a Rift S....OMG... 1st I needed a new adaptor which worked and Oculus App said all was well.....Until I put on headset to be shown Blank Screen.

I know about this stuff and tried every solution posted on every forum but no luck.

Please tell me Mr Meta Guys that I have NOT wasted £1500 on a laptop specifically bought for VR gaming with a Rift S that has factory Win 11 (cannot roll back), or are you going to send me a fix that WILL run a Rift S?

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @calamaster! We hate to see that you are having problems with your Rift S not working with your new gaming laptop. We know how having to deal with this is keeping you from enjoying VR, and we would be happy to help you with this issue!

So we can see how best to assist you, could you please confirm if you have tried these troubleshooting steps?

• Repair the Oculus app.
  • Check to see if your laptop is running at its highest performance setting.
  • Update your drivers if any are available (since this is a new laptop)
  • Check to make sure that there is no damage to your cords, as well as try different ports.
  • Validate your new adapter is supported. For reference,  please click here.

Please let us know if you have tried these troubleshooting steps as well as any additional steps to help with what you are experiencing. Once we have more information, we will be able to see how best to assist you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @calamaster! We're just checking in to see if you still need help with your Rift S working on your gaming laptop. Please let us know, and we'll be happy to assist!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, Seems that there is no 'Adaptor' that will connect a DispayPort to HDMI.... So, my Rift S is destined for Ebay or Trash.

Perhaps you should commission a Adaptor Maker to make one compatible. You would make a lot of money!

Howdy there, @calamaster! We entirely realize that you are concerned about PC compatibility. We recommend that you read one of our help articles for additional information on which PCs are compatible with our products. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you require any additional assistance, we would be more than delighted to continue assisting you.

This all very well but the Gaming Laptop does have more primary uses and was bought for such usages. The fact that it won't work with RIFT S is very surprising, simply because you guys haven't sorted a simple adaptor DisplayPort -> HDMI. Looks like I may need to go for a Quest - though reviews are not that good.

Hey @calamaster! Thank you for letting us know your opinion regarding this experience you're having. This is not what we want for you and we want to let you know the reason for the laptop's being a little tricky. Normally there are two graphics card and most of the time when running the Meta App with Link or Rift it will read the integrated graphics card. Which is not the card that needs to be detected as we need the dedicated graphics card to get linked. If you do get a Quest we welcome you with open arms and hope to see you in the VR world one day!