cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S infinitely loading

FireBallT_69
Honored Guest

whenever i try to open horizon worlds from my Oculus Rift S my computer shows the screen inside of the thing, right? but in the headset it's stuck in the loading zone with the infinite grid floor and celing. the strange thing is that it does this with some other apps but not all other apps. (i.e. Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality, Superfly, DeamFly, and those beginner things when you first get an oculus. (also superfly does the infinite loading but only on certain versions)) so far i haven't seen anything online with this similar problem so i thought i should go straight to the source.

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Salutations, FireBallT_69! We regret that your Rift S is stuck on loading screens and are even more disappointed that this is preventing you from playing some of your games. We have been in your position before and want to provide you with the support you require. Please allow us to investigate this matter further so that we can get you back in the game.

1. When did you first notice this problem?
  2. Have you attempted resetting your internet and headset?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @FireBallT_69! We just wanted to follow-up with you to see if you were still needing assistance. Feel free to reach out to us if you happen to have any further questions or concerns as we are always happy to help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

CHINZIG
Honored Guest

Ever since the recent updates, many people have been having issues with the three dot loading screen in the headset and 'sensors can't track headset' issue. This all started about a week ago. I guess it's on Meta to sort this, or is it that Meta won't support even the firmware of their discontinued products anymore?

Hey there, @CHINZIG. Thank you for reaching out and bringing your headset loading issues to our attention. Having something like this happen when you're getting ready to play can certainly be discouraging. Not to worry though, we are here to help. Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

We are looking forward to your reply.

CHINZIG
Honored Guest

The problem seems like it's not the headset, but I've done cable voltage tests to see if the fiberoptic cable has broke, that is working fine.

I switched the USB's, uninstalled and reinstalled the Oculus app, checked drivers.

Again, I am guessing this seems to be a firmware issue causing specific functions of the headset to stop working ever since the past couple of app updates.

Hey again, @CHINZIG. Thanks for the reply, We see that you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting on your own.

Kindly note that you have also exhausted the troubleshooting steps that we would have advised you to do, so at this time we would recommend contacting our amazing support team.

There, one of our awesome agents can get you back on track through a live chat or even by submitting a ticket. Just click here to get connected!

We want to get you back in the VR world soon and hope to see your ticket!

I've sent an email, thanks.

Hey there, @CHINZIG! We appreciate you sending an email to our support team. Please keep an eye out for a response from us in your email inbox and spam folders, and we'll reach out to you as soon as we are able to!