cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S issue

xkoshii
Honored Guest

So i just picked up this rift S and i havnt even got it to work once. when i go to setup my headset it gets stuck at the 'headset sensor check' and it says 'sensors cant track headset'. I still havnt got past this and ive tried skipping setup and trying to load a steam vr game but it just shows up with a black screen and a little orange light inside of the headset, or sometimes it will have the same dark screen and light but it will get stuck on 3 little loading dots. 

also some more info.
I have intstalled all the new drivers for every component in my pc. I am also 100% absolutely sure that my pc is able to run it aswell so i know that is not a problem. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the oculus software. nothing seems to work. i have spent over 9 hours spending time researching for people that have the same problem as me and nothing has seemed to work. i have even tried setting it up on my uncles pc that is on windows 10 because i thought that it could have been a windows 11 issue but it still comes out as the same result on his pc aswell. So ive kinda narrowed it down to either being a hardware issue or a software issue. The thing is though, is that other people that have had the same issue as me have 90% of the time fixed it through software and the other % of people have had problems with 'not enough power' getting to the headset and this is causing the sensors not to work. But the guy that a got it off he said he only used it throughout a 3 month period but he barley used it and when he stopped using it, it was perfectly fine. The headset, controllers, cables ect. all look perfectly fine. Therefore im thinking that this is an issue with the sofware. A guy that i saw on youtube said showed a reddit page of people with the same issue and one guy said he fixed it by downgrading to an older version of the oculus software becasue apparently the newer updates have caused rift s' in partiular to have the same problem that im having. So i do think it is a sotware issue.
Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @xkoshii! Thank you for bringing this to our attention; we understand how confusing it can be to set up your Rift S, so we'd like to point you in the right direction to get you started in the VR world. We would like to know if you were able to sign in correctly to the Meta Quest app, if not, we'll leave the link here for you to give it a try. If you still need further assistance, we strongly suggest reaching out to our spectacular support team for further assistance.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

gravyinshef
Honored Guest

can you please just confirm if rift s works with windows 11? i try every few months in the hope it'll work and each time am left disappointed you've not done anything to fix this problem. what a waste of money!

Hi there! I totally understand your frustration in this and I am sure Rift s is usable with Windows 11 since it is link. However, I do recommend you getting connected with Meta Store Support by using this link here 

That way they have get a better look at this for you through using their logs system! 

We are all mad here.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?