cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S just stop working when open Steam VR and some games

VmrFlash
Honored Guest
After I formatted my PC, my Rift S stopped working as it should. The screen starts to flash and goes black after starting Steam VR, any session in Automobilista 2 (in the menu it works normally) and when starting F1 22 in VR. These are some occasions where problems are guaranteed, but sometimes it happens randomly too.

I've already formatted the PC again, I've reinstalled the USB drivers, Nvidia, Oculus software and I don't know what else to do. I thought it could be the cable, but I tested the headset on another PC with another video card and even with my own and it worked for about 2.5 hours without stopping.

I noticed that the log in OculusLogGatherer shows a series of errors. can you help me? 
1.png2.png

Config:
i7 7700k
GTX 1080
16gb RAM
SSD nvme 248gb
2TB HD
Z170x Gaming 3
750w Corsair
2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @VmrFlash! you shouldn't have to continue without being able to launch and play your games! We know this is such a large part of the VR experience, so we're very glad to help out! To begin with, we'd like to make sure we have all the pertaining details on this matter. Please share the following information when you get a chance:

• Are you only having issues when launching Steam or are you running into issues anywhere else while using the Oculus software?
  • Is every game giving you this black screen when launching or is it just these specific games? 
  • Are there any specific error messages you're running into when attempting to launch these games? 
  • So we don't repeat any, what troubleshooting steps have you already tried?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, hello, @VmrFlash! We're reaching back out to check in on those VR display issues you were reporting after reformatting your PC. Do you still need assistance? If so, please let us know and we'll be glad to continue from there! Be sure to include those requested details from our last post for reference as well. We look forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?