cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift core 2.0 post your problem's here

reefy86
Level 5
just to make it easier for us all and for the staff rather then having multiple post's

my problem is i cannot keep my sensors or headset working. they switch between each other disconnecting and then the headset turns off and then repeats everytime i load oculus up.
267 REPLIES 267

Roaster
Level 8
Just a SWAG ... have you clicked on that "X" ?
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

Star-lizard
Level 8

Orkel said:

My problem is that when I am in a SteamVR program, for example VRchat or H3VR, and I pin a desktop window (let's say these forums) using Dash, it causes immense FPS drop in the SteamVR game (5-10 FPS). Doesn't happen in any Oculus games, just Steam games.

I believe the reason for the frame drops is due to the fact oculus home is not running when oculus apps are running , however when steam vr or anyother app is running the oculus home app keeps running. I have posted about the occulus home app using way to much of the gup. They should unload the oculus app when you run any thing instead of just when running oculus apps 

Star-lizard
Level 8
This is a bug 
So with oculus home loaded it will run gpu 85 to 100 % gpu Auto and low default 
Low and auto off 95 % gpu
Medium auto off 50% gpu
High auto off 66% gpu 
Amd rx480 gaming x 8g latest drivers 
I7 6700 
16 g ram 
Cpu usage 23 to 50% 
If this is not core , sorry I posted this in wrong area

Sadwing
Level 2
I had solved the recurrent "HDMI not connected" bug by using the internal Intel z170 USB ports of my mother board (ASUS MAXIMUS VIII) instead of the readily available external ASMedia USB ports the mother board provides. Also for this to work I installed Z170 chipset drivers directly from Intel.

With the new Core.2.0 beta this does not work anymore (even after re-installing z170 drivers), so if I use it I am back to having a completely unusable Rift that disconnects every 1 to 5 minutes. I rolled back to the normal Rift software and It does indeed work again.

I also experienced the Rift staying black instead of starting, and a the task bar disappearing systematically.
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII
i6700K 4.2GHZ
16GB RAM
GTX Titan X
Dual monitor
RIFT (on USB 3.0) with 2 sensors (on USB 2.0) and touch controllers. all USB on the z170 Intel ports.
Win 10 pro 64bit

Marc-G
Level 4

nalex66 said:

Marc-G said:

Roaster said:

The music.
How do I turn off the music?
I can turn off the headphones, but then I can't listen to my own music.
If I enable sound, the f'in muzak plays over my music selection.
Make it stop.
How do I control the size of the desktop screen? The dash panel gets in the way of selecting things on the desktop.

Remember Dash and Home are 2 separate things. Dash controls some universal options like headset volume from within any program that supports Dash. That music (and yes it's annoying) is part of Home, so you need to use the Home options to turn it off. Close Dash and use the options menu on your wristwatch.

How do you do this without Touch controllers do you know? thanks

You don’t have to use the wristwatch, you can also get into the Home settings through the Home menu (menu button on the left Touch controller). I’m not sure if there’s a way to get there with a gamepad—can you get to the menus where you select furniture and decorations for your Home environment? If so, the audio controls are in the Settings section of that menu.

Marc-G said:

Marc-G said:

I don't think there's a way to use the new software without Touch, it's really geared towards you having hands in VR

That's what I'm afraid of, I hope this changes as I don't want to have to buy touch controllers just to turn the sound off! thanks

I have a feeling there'll maintain the current Home for people without Touch. It looks like Dash however is a Touch only piece of software.

In another thread, someone mentioned that they think they saw an option during installation for classic mode which may have been a non-Touch Home, but I didn't notice that option so they could have been mistaken.

I can use the Dash just fine with the Oculus Remote, Xbox Controls are part-way there as well as I can use that to move screens around, it just needs refining but as it's in beta that's to be expected.

If you’re still looking for how to resize windows, you can probably do it with the controller thumbstick. On the Touch controllers, you push the thumbstick left or right to make the selected window larger or smaller, and up or down to move it farther or closer. 

Yes I can turn the Sound off but that's not what I need, I want to turn the Music off and there is no setting for that anywhere from what I can see.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Marc-G said:

nalex66 said:

Marc-G said:

Roaster said:

The music.
How do I turn off the music?
I can turn off the headphones, but then I can't listen to my own music.
If I enable sound, the f'in muzak plays over my music selection.
Make it stop.
How do I control the size of the desktop screen? The dash panel gets in the way of selecting things on the desktop.

Remember Dash and Home are 2 separate things. Dash controls some universal options like headset volume from within any program that supports Dash. That music (and yes it's annoying) is part of Home, so you need to use the Home options to turn it off. Close Dash and use the options menu on your wristwatch.

How do you do this without Touch controllers do you know? thanks

You don’t have to use the wristwatch, you can also get into the Home settings through the Home menu (menu button on the left Touch controller). I’m not sure if there’s a way to get there with a gamepad—can you get to the menus where you select furniture and decorations for your Home environment? If so, the audio controls are in the Settings section of that menu.

Marc-G said:

Marc-G said:

I don't think there's a way to use the new software without Touch, it's really geared towards you having hands in VR

That's what I'm afraid of, I hope this changes as I don't want to have to buy touch controllers just to turn the sound off! thanks

I have a feeling there'll maintain the current Home for people without Touch. It looks like Dash however is a Touch only piece of software.

In another thread, someone mentioned that they think they saw an option during installation for classic mode which may have been a non-Touch Home, but I didn't notice that option so they could have been mistaken.

I can use the Dash just fine with the Oculus Remote, Xbox Controls are part-way there as well as I can use that to move screens around, it just needs refining but as it's in beta that's to be expected.

If you’re still looking for how to resize windows, you can probably do it with the controller thumbstick. On the Touch controllers, you push the thumbstick left or right to make the selected window larger or smaller, and up or down to move it farther or closer. 

Yes I can turn the Sound off but that's not what I need, I want to turn the Music off and there is no setting for that anywhere from what I can see.

I'm not talking about turning sound off, in the Home audio menu there are two audio sliders, one for music, and one for sound effects.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

Cold-Flame
Level 3
So, here's my problem.

Core 2.0 didn't work in the beginning, but it just started working itself. I don't know why.

However, there are some major problems or bugs that have made it almost unusable.

Mainly, the dash UI isn't visible. I think it's called carrossel, the grey task-bar type thing. It's functional, meaning I can touch the buttons and they work, but I can't see them.

And secondly, I can't go to "Home." When I click on the "home" button, I just get the greyish "void" but the Home doesn't load. It did load a couple of times (again, I don't know why), but that was just a few lucky times. Similarly, can't load the "homes" of other users.

Any suggestion?

ParadiseDecay
Level 8
Home 2.0 locks/freezer my taskbar.
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

javerlaw
Level 3
So far the update is running very well for me and the UI interface is an improvement as well as the seemless desktop view mode...I do have one problem that I thought was to be a feature though. I am sure it was announced during OC4 that we would be able to pin a window and see that window in any game/app. I can pin a window in the home environment and that window carries through into a VR game BUT the window once in game simply shows a windowed desktop feed of the game video...it sit's over any other apps open on the desktop. This totally defeats the point of the pinned window. I seem to remember a setting to mirror VR video to desktop and turning that off seems like a logical fix but I cannot find that setting option in the new Rift Core 2.0. Minimizing the VR game window on the desktop also does no good because the moment you actually go into game VR again the window maximizes again covering anything else on your desktop.

Any thoughts/Fix?

EDIT: Seems I was pinning the game window rather than the youtube/app I was intending to pin. Works awesome as soon as I figured out the issue. Great update to the Rift!

KenSniper
Level 5
is it normal that on the rift core 2, the main monitor screen will black out momentarily every time you start up the oculus app? i find this worrying