cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift core 2.0 post your problem's here

reefy86
Level 5
just to make it easier for us all and for the staff rather then having multiple post's

my problem is i cannot keep my sensors or headset working. they switch between each other disconnecting and then the headset turns off and then repeats everytime i load oculus up.
267 REPLIES 267

DARKKi
Level 4
Has the multimonitor bug been fixed yet?
..:: DARKKi / NZTi! ::..
Ninja Zero - Prototype v0.4b "ssdd"

2to20characters
Level 2
I was having the black screen problem. After updating my display drivers, Windows, etc. etc. I was finally able to fix this by unplugging some external USB peripherals one at a time through means of trial and error. Rift Core 2.0 works like a charm after unplugging this one device that was causing interference. I have two monitors daisy-chained through a single DisplayPort and I do not seem to be having any issues with that so far.

GeekyGami
Level 5
Hi. I still need to find a solution to my issue with the Nvidia VR virtual monitor.

As I had said previously, I disabled it in my quest to get the keyboard to work in Dash.
I want to re-enable it.

When Dash starts, I can't access anything on the desktop.
I can't access anything on the desktop from Dash either.

The VR monitor doesn't show up when Dash isn't on, so I can't re-enable it from there.
Since I can't access anything on my desktop while Oculus Dash is on, I can't re-enable it while it's actually there.

VipHybs
Level 2
I get the below tear-out panel desktop compatibility issues icon for every window I've tried tearing out. Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting the issue? I have a late 2017 Razer Blade 14 with GTX1060. Thanks in advance for the help! 

YoLolo69
Level 10

VipHybs said:

I get the below tear-out panel desktop compatibility issues icon for every window I've tried tearing out. Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting the issue? I have a late 2017 Razer Blade 14 with GTX1060. Thanks in advance for the help! 


Let me guess : do you have the size of your Font in Windows not at the standard value?
More serious question : Which Windows version are you using?

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

markm75
Level 3

falken76 said:

I had a problem, I can't use the beta right now.  I have a dual screen system.  When the beta installed, it overtook my dual screens.  Rift Creates a virtual monitor in display settings, this pushes one of my monitors over and then places the rift next to monitor number 1.  Then monitor number 2 only goes diagonal to the rift.  The rift is labeld Monitor 3.  No matter where I move monitor number 2, when I hit apply it goes back to the diagonal position it was in.   What this causes is a scenerio where your extended monitor still works and windows open on it like they always have, but your mouse can not go within the boarders of that monitor so you can not interact with anything using the mouse.  This happens even if you don't use the rift at all once the beta is installed.  I couldn't roll back because once I load the oculus software it took up an entire screen and there was no mouse to even use to select the settings tab.  I couldn't close the screen with ctrl+alt+Del because the screen that is supposed to come up doesn't show up at all.  This really messed up multi displays big time for me at least.  I had to do a hard reset.  Once I uninstalled the rift software I could get access to my windows again.  When I would move things in display settings and hit apply it actually made changes again.  This was 100% caused by the latest oculus software update.

On a positive I did get to play with dash which seems kinda cool.  Looks like what Steam has in their vr also.  A room you can decorate.  I guess it's kind of cool.  I'm afraid to try it again now.  I think I'll hold off on the beta until they do at least their first patch.



Similar issue with my nvidia 1080 + two 4k screens.. soon as i launch oculus 2.0 beta.. it disables the second screen and moves the one diagonal to the others.. if you try to enable the second screen it just fails to stay enabled.  I've tried reinstalling nvidia drivers/oculus/driver cleaners.. nothing fixes this.. some seem to have this issue, some dont.  The weird part is the exact same setup on a clean version of windows 10 seems to be ok.

markm75
Level 3

markm75 said:


Similar issue with my nvidia 1080 + two 4k screens.. soon as i launch oculus 2.0 beta.. it disables the second screen and moves the one diagonal to the others.. if you try to enable the second screen it just fails to stay enabled.  I've tried reinstalling nvidia drivers/oculus/driver cleaners.. nothing fixes this.. some seem to have this issue, some dont.  The weird part is the exact same setup on a clean version of windows 10 seems to be ok.


UPDATE:  i managed to get this working.. what i did was.. went into nvidia control panel.. set the second screen to active but CLONE.. then went back in.. set to extended.. the disabled screen was also set to primary (my left screen) at this point, rather than my right screen being primary.. still good.. i opened/closed the oculus home.. all good.. so now i reset the primary to my right screen and its still working.. wow.. crazy but it worked for me

VipHybs
Level 2

YoLolo69 said:


VipHybs said:

I get the below tear-out panel desktop compatibility issues icon for every window I've tried tearing out. Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting the issue? I have a late 2017 Razer Blade 14 with GTX1060. Thanks in advance for the help! 


Let me guess : do you have the size of your Font in Windows not at the standard value?
More serious question : Which Windows version are you using?



A "Custom scaling" value in "Display Settings" was set by default. I changed it to 100% logged out and back on to make the change take affect but it did not resolve the tear-out issue. 

I'm using "Microsoft Windows 10 Home" version 10.0.16299 

scottharmes6
Level 4
I just enabled Rift Core 2.0 in the settings. I saw a message saying it would restart.  It did not restart, and now it will not start at all.  Is there a file I can edit to disable Rift Core 2.0 so I can start Oculus?

I am getting the same error I (and everyone) got a couple of weeks back saying:

"Can't Reach Oculus Runtime Service. Your Oculus software may be updating. Please wait a minute and try again. If the issue continues, contact Oculus Support."


Edit:  After I restarted my PC, Oculus Home started again, and a message said I needed to update to the latest NVIDIA drivers.  I did that, and it is now working OK.  Pity I can't use some of the functions (or buy many of the games) as I do not have Touch controllers.  Too many games and experiences do not offer gamepad support.


Cheers,


VipHybs
Level 2
Has anyone been successful using the tear-out feature? I'm still getting the exclamation for every program window I try.