cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift-s No internet connection

scott.ferguson.2005
Honored Guest

Rift-s shows no internet connection on almost all tabs.  Computer has internet connection, Rift-S is seen by computer,  I have removed and re-installed the Rift-s software, same problem.

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Scott.ferguson.2005! We understand how inconvenient it might be when a gadget displays that you don't have internet access when you actually do. Not to worry, we'll leave some troubleshooting procedures that we know will be useful. This will erase all files that cannot be deleted by just uninstalling the software.

Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  2. Backup any necessary content.
  3. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  4. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
  5. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  6. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  7. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  8. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  9. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here.
  10. Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.

Let us know how it goes, to determine if any further actions are required. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

im not sure if this is still being updated but after the Oculus software, Version 49.0. I have not been able to connect to the internet on the Rift S, all my games work but when I first launch it says "no internet connection" and after that I cant invite anyone to a call and it says all my friends are offline. it also wont allow me to view or invite people to party's. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Hey there, @Valken827. Thank you for your reply and letting us know that you are still not able to connect to the internet after completing the above steps. We know that having WIFI issues is not ideal, and we want to help you get back to gaming ASAP. We do have a question or two about your WiFI and troubleshooting steps.

• Have you been able to use a different Wifi connection?
  • Have you attempted to use a different browser?
  • Have you changed out your connection cable?

• Have you done a factory reset for your headset? If not, we recommend doing a cloud backup first and then the factory reset.
    • Turn off your headset.
    • Hold the power and volume (-) buttons down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If your issue persists, please let us know. We are looking forward to your reply. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi again! We wanted to see if the troubleshooting provided was able to help resolve your issue. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance!

Similar issue here.

Rift S suddenly showed no internet connection on desktop PC 1 (we have two PCs on same network, see below*), so no store/updates etc. Connection is via wired ethernet.

I followed the above instructions (safe mode etc.) and downloaded OculusSetup.exe

The installation process worked fine: 2Gb+ data downloaded and software installed (so clearly no issue with internet connectivity).

"Continue in your browser." Did so. Passcode received and entered, logged into account ok.

No effect to Oculus app.

Tried to log in using app: username and password entered. Message "Your request could not be completed. Please check your internet connection or try again later." Presumably because the app isn't connecting.

This means the Oculus Rift S now doesn't function at all on PC1.

It appears to me that the Oculus app is somehow 'isolated' from the rest of PC1.

*We have a second desktop PC connected to the same broadband router. The Oculus app loads up as normal: and is connected to the internet.

Clearly this is an issue with PC1. The only recent difference has been installing larger hard drives for data on PC1: but not the M.2 (solid state) C:\ drive where Windows 10 is installed (and all programs). I have error-checked that drive.

Another anomaly has been that Google Chrome no longer connects to the internet in 'incognito' mode, even after being reinstalled twice. (Firefox, in normal and 'Private' mode works correctly.)

I'm out of ideas.

Assistance appreciated!

Hey @ImNotNick! Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We would love to look into this further for you. In order to do so please send us a PM so we can further work on this issue by clicking here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Hope to hear from you soon! Have an awesome day!

Hi again, @ImNotNick! We just wanted to follow up with you on the issues you were having Rift-s- no internet . Did you still need assistance with this matter? Talk to you soon! Have a great day!