cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift works but displays desktop only *fixed*

jmanner
Honored Guest
*edit-fixed this, had to go to my GeForce GTX settings, not just Windows' desktop settings..I cloned the display with my primary TV, so that it works now.*phew!
I had this working fine yesterday, but after trying today i can only see the desktop in my FOV on the Rift. I have Windows 8, and it detects 3 displays, it knows the Rift is there, tracks it and have everything calibrated, but it only shows the desktop (a different one than the current desktop i see) and wont go to a game-but the game is playing on my tv (i use a tv). It plays the Unity Demo fine, but i cant make the computer tell the Rift to display on the right display.
6 REPLIES 6

kevinm1278
Explorer
It looks like it returned back to extend display instead of duplicate. Will it not let you duplicate anymore?

jmanner
Honored Guest
I got it to under my Geforce settings, it cloned the display for the RIft. What's odd is i did that same thing under the 'screen resolution' tab and tried duplicating displays, and it made my tv's view look cramped and then the rift had my folders and desktop viewable (earlier i couldn't get to my folders at all) and now when i check the screen resolution it shares the Rift and my desktop together, and a second display, calling it a generic PNP display. Glad i got it sorted out, only took an hour :lol: . Thanks anyway ! I'd like to make a general beginner user setup guide somewhere if it would help some folks (i only have Windows, so it would be only for that)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Interesting. Glad you figured it out.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

NHalle
Honored Guest
"jmanner" wrote:
I got it to under my Geforce settings, it cloned the display for the RIft. What's odd is i did that same thing under the 'screen resolution' tab and tried duplicating displays, and it made my tv's view look cramped and then the rift had my folders and desktop viewable (earlier i couldn't get to my folders at all) and now when i check the screen resolution it shares the Rift and my desktop together, and a second display, calling it a generic PNP display. Glad i got it sorted out, only took an hour :lol: . Thanks anyway ! I'd like to make a general beginner user setup guide somewhere if it would help some folks (i only have Windows, so it would be only for that)
I am having this same problem how did you fix it. More specifically.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you have an Nvidia GPU, looks for this:

Nvidia_Clone_With.jpg
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

thamer2k
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:
If you have an Nvidia GPU, looks for this:

Nvidia_Clone_With.jpg

thank you so much 😄 😄 😄 😄