cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right controller issues ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
is anyone having issues with the right quest controller ?
you can’t seem to do anything with it, for example....
when you are in the “home” part of the quest app, if you use your left controller, and the move it along the menus they make a sound and highlight them ready for user input, or if you hover over a game icon it shows options like uninstall, when using the right one nothing happens. The pointer is still there, you can kind of select things but that’s it, this is also the same before you even start the app at the pattern lock screen, I can use the left to create the pattern unlock, but the right does nothing, tried switching the headset on and off, pulling on the triggers to try activate it. Nothing, however it works in game ? Any help on this/ or other having the same issue ? 
Thanks.
21 REPLIES 21

heemdream
Honored Guest
I’m having same issue. Left controller stayed “on” and prevents right controller from selecting anything 
the left controller has a small crack on the ring so I thought this was the problem,  but I now think the firmware update broke something, also some of my apps have an install date of 1970. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any chance oculus can chime in here ??

FlashMC13
Honored Guest
I am having this same exact issue, it started after the 7.0 update.

chilabob
Explorer
Having absolutely the same issue and raised ticket #819409, no one is replying so far 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to note this is still an issue. It seems to always be the right controller. I haven't found a solution for it yet. 

In my case sometimes it tells me the right controller isn't tracking. Other times on the main menu you will notice that it doesn't move when you move your arm (the pointer does but the controller stays locked in position). In games mostly it works so long as you can see it in front of you but any time your hand dips out of view it loses tracking. It's a big problem in games like Beat Saber or BoxVR.

It seems like this may be a hardware issue, either in the lower right sensor or in the controller, but since it is always the right controller who knows. I never had an issue until a few days ago. And now it's becoming unusable. Support gave me information on how to force an update... on the Rift instead of the Quest... 

Anonymous
Not applicable
My thumbstick thumbs up sensor isn't working on my right controller. I'm also on latest firmware. Also having tracking problems where the guardian appears then it kicks me back to home. Sort it out oculus please. I'm still waiting for a response about my right controller from support ticket. I had this problem but on the left controller on my day release quest, this is my replacement. Not looking good is it. Facebook needs to test all of their controllers on latest firmware including the finger tracking before releasing updates.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I never had this problem with my cv1 controllers maybe because it was using outside in tracking which is much better as I have 3 sensor setup.

OctopusGarden
Explorer
I bought a quest had issues with a controller.  Sent it back to Amazon and purchased another Quest had another issue with controller.   Sent it back and got a refund.   That's what you should do.   It's a flaw in design.   The controller will not function properly.  It's just a matter of time on any unit you purchase.

Rezla
Explorer

I bought a quest had issues with a controller.  Sent it back to Amazon and purchased another Quest had another issue with controller.   Sent it back and got a refund.   That's what you should do.   It's a flaw in design.   The controller will not function properly.  It's just a matter of time on any unit you purchase.

if this was the case everyone would have the same issue but they don't, so either it's the software or something else but it's not hardware design.