cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right controller not working

snarls
Honored Guest

I’ve tried factory resetting the headset and my controller still doesn’t work. It connects and I can use the meta button but nothing else works. I can’t factory reset the controller either. It happened when I switched out the batteries for the first time. Haven’t dropped it or damaged it at all.

5 REPLIES 5

Halid42
Explorer

Hello,

Can you see 3 purple lights on the controller in passthrough mode? I have a similar issue and there are 3 infrared lights that can only be seen in passthrough mode and the controller does not track but the buttons work. If I find a solution I will get back to you and I would appreciate it if you did likewise.

Best of luck.

Yup same exact thing is happening. It won’t factory reset or anything. 

Is there any improvement? Mine still hasn't gotten better I was wondering if yours did.

Hey there, @snarls and @Halid42. Thanks for bringing your controller concerns to our attention. We definitely don't want this issue to continue to effect your gaming experience, so we'd love to get to the bottom of this! With both of you already troubleshooting this concern from different angles, we do want to make sure the following have been attempted:

• Remove any third-party accessories from the controllers 
  •  Remove the controller battery for 30 minutes 
  • Wipe the controller and battery bays with a dry microfiber cloth 
  • Unpair and re-pair the controllers

Once making sure everything has been checked off, please do let us know how your controllers appear! If any issues remain, do send us a PM! We'd love to gather more details regarding your device.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, @snarls and @Halid42! We're reaching back out to check in on those controller input issues you folks were reporting earlier. If you still need any assistance, please let us know and be sure to share your results from those recommended troubleshooting steps in our last post for reference. We're eager to hear from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?