cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right thumbstick stutterines and weird behaviour

NotMartix
Explorer

Hi! I've recently bought my self a new Quest 2 about a month ago now. To keep things short my right thumb stick has become super sensitive and when I checked in calibration, It was supper jittery and moving all around the circle where it wasn't even supposed to be.

So far I have tried these things:

- Leave battery out for a while
- Clean it with a compressed air with and without the black cover off

I've only had the headset for a month now and already starting to have issues so I hope there is a easy solution for this...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yikes, you're definitely going to have to submit a ticket and use your warranty like @user_901925786032222 had mentioned. Thanks for the video, don't think deadzone is going to help at all after seeing that.

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

P.S., I can beat you at One Piece TCG and Black Desert Online.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Since it's only just been purchased you should return it under warranty. The alternatives involve either electrical contact cleaner or disassembly but since you presumably have a warranty you should definitely use it.

ThyRuinedKing
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Have you already tried changing the deadzone settings, @NotMartix? With joystick issues, this changes the sensitivity of the controller and usually resolves this type of issue quickly. I'll put some steps you can follow below!

• Remove the batteries for a minute before attempting to use them again
  • Adjust joystick deadzone until the drift is no longer an issue/noticeable 
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Go to Controller Settings
    3. Under Joystick Deadzone and Range, select the joystick which is having issue
    4. Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones
  • When powering on your controllers, ensure that the Analog sticks aren't being held in any direction and are at rest in the neutral position

If you continue having issues, it's possible the support team is going to need to look into other possibilities for you controller. You'll need to Submit a Ticket  and they'll be able to assist further within that platform.

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

NotMartix
Explorer

If it helps here's a video of the issue:

Yikes, you're definitely going to have to submit a ticket and use your warranty like @user_901925786032222 had mentioned. Thanks for the video, don't think deadzone is going to help at all after seeing that.

Hi there, thank for your help but I'm having an issue with a different thing. Went to try and submit a return request (as that's the only thing they let me) But whenever I try to enter address It says that It's shipping to Switzerland, I live nowhere near Switzerland and I checked my Facebook account and It all says my country. Went to search the forum and found out that I'm not the only one also having this issue. However they said to send a Private message to MetaSteamSupport but It hits me with an error every time. "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

You'll need to reach out to the support team directly, if you use the link that I provided you'll need to click the headset and issue you're having.

Depending on the option you select, it'll place you into the request form. Instead, please select "Thumbstick unresponsive (NG)" and in the next screen click on "this does not solve my issue". You'll be connected with a live-support agent that'll be able to assist further than our automated system.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?